Ubuntu Kylin is an open source operating system dominated by CCN open source joint laboratory and Tianjin Kylin Ltd. CCN were created by CSIP, Canonical and NUDT in 2013 who is aimed to promote open source development, innovation and popularization.
Ubuntu Kylin was born to be an offical flavor of Ubuntu. It aims to provide an user-friendly, powerful and stable experence for world wide Linux users. It ships an Windows-like desktop environment called UKUI and dozens of practical and excellent applications developed by Ubuntu Kylin team or cooperated with software manufacturers.Besides CCN lab, its developers also come from Debian, Ubuntu, Mate, LUPA, etc. There have been 11 released versions since 13.04 which includes 3 LTS versions ( 14.04,16.04,18.04 ).
Linux kernel 4.18
- Unprivileged file system mounts: FUSE filesystems can be mounted by unprivileged users
- A new kernel polling interface for asynchronous I/O
- Restartable sequences, a “mechanism for lockless concurrency control in user space”
- A TCP zero-copy receive API and support for high-performance AF_XDP sockets
- Initial work on bpfilter, which aims to provide faster netfilter functionality using BPF
- Support for Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, a SoC used by many high-end mobile devices
ships with a biometric identifications framework and a manager for providing an DBus interface for applications.
ships with a brand new Login and Lock program, adding functions, fixing many bugs and providing a cozier and easier user experience