Built on top of FreeBSD, GhostBSD provides a simple desktop-oriented operating system pre-configured with the carefully selected minimal commonly used set software required to start using it to its full potential.
GhostBSD uses the GTK environment to provide an elegant look and a comfortable experience on the modern BSD platform offering a natural and native Unix work environment.
- It is BSD
GhostBSD derived from FreeBSD which is roots go back to the University of California Berkeley Unix Research, historically called “BSD Unix” or “Berkeley Unix” today simply called BSD for Berkeley Software Distribution.
GhostBSD 18.12 has been released.
What has changed since 18.10
- removed default call of kernel modules for AMD and Intel
- replaced octopkg by software-station
- added back gop hacks to the live system
- added ghostbsd-drivers and ghostbsd-utils
- we updated the packages to the latest build