Built on top of FreeBSD, GhostBSD provides a simple desktop-oriented operating system pre-configured with the carefully selected minimal commonly used set software required to start using it to its full potential.
GhostBSD uses the GTK environment to provide an elegant look and a comfortable experience on the modern BSD platform offering a natural and native Unix work environment.
- It is BSD
GhostBSD derived from FreeBSD which is roots go back to the University of California Berkeley Unix Research, historically called “BSD Unix” or “Berkeley Unix” today simply called BSD for Berkeley Software Distribution.
GhostBSD 19.04 has been released.
What has changed since 18.12
- Replaced slim by Lightdm
- Updated the system to FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT r324678+de2c6abb2b7(ghostbsd-master) GENERIC
- Added the supports of ZFS with MBR on the installer
- Removed TrueOS setting to default to ZFS which improved the installation of UFS
- Fix default mate-terminal setting
- Added GhostBSD boot mute
- Added Refine setup on the installer
- Removed gksu
- Fixed UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ problem with Software Station