Built on top of FreeBSD, GhostBSD provides a simple desktop-oriented operating system pre-configured with the carefully selected minimal commonly used set software required to start using it to its full potential.
It uses the GTK environment to provide an elegant look and a comfortable experience on the modern BSD platform offering a natural and native Unix work environment.
- It is BSD
It is derived from FreeBSD which is roots go back to the University of California Berkeley Unix Research, historically called “BSD Unix” or “Berkeley Unix” today simply called BSD for Berkeley Software Distribution.
GhostBSD 22.06.15 has been released.
- [EPIC]: Do not show updates available when packages are syncing #151
- [Task]: Add a file called syncing when new packages are syncing and remove it when completed #152
- [Feature] Add code to update-station read if syncing is in the repository and do not prompt users for upgrades #153
- [Feature] Add code to software-station to not allow software installation with software-station during a packages sync #154
- Find a way to update /etc/version with pkg command #163
- Added iwlwifi in devd.conf wifi-driver-regex #155
- Added BWN_GPL_PHY option to compile code that includes GPLv2 #157
- Improved desktop experience and fixed some stuttering issues on AMD #181
- [BUG] Update Station should not state ‘No update available. …’ when there is no connection to the Internet update-station#20
- [Bug]: add zfskeys_enable parameter to /etc/defaults/rc.conf #160
- Only one update-station process should be allowed to run update-station#27
- Added code to make sure not to start two windows of update update-station#28
- Fixed check now exit on Install Update update-station#30
- Nvidia Geforce GT 630 install not work #189
- [BUG] linux-sublime3-3.2.2_2 not working after upgraded to GhostBSD 22.05.07 amd64 #199
- Removed checkbox from the Update list window update-station#31
- Added code to reinstall packages that Fail to create a temporary file update-station#32
Security Issues Resolved
- [Security]: rust-1.58.0 is vulnerable #159
- [Security]: Ensuring minimal security of working with packages #162
- Enable packages certification in GhostBSD.conf #175
- [Security]: zsh-5.8 is vulnerable #173
- [Security]: qt5-core-5.15.2p263 is vulnerable #176
- [Security]: libmysofa-1.2 is vulnerable #177
- [Security]: cyrus-sasl-2.1.27_2 is vulnerable #178
- [Bug]: curl-7.83.0 is vulnerable: #196
- [Bug]: e2fsprogs-1.46.5 is vulnerable #200