GhostBSD 21.04.27 released, FreeBSD distribution
Built on top of FreeBSD, GhostBSD provides a simple desktop-oriented operating system pre-configured with the carefully selected minimal commonly used set software required to start using it to its full potential.
GhostBSD uses the GTK environment to provide an elegant look and a comfortable experience on the modern BSD platform offering a natural and native Unix work environment.
- It is BSD
GhostBSD derived from FreeBSD which is roots go back to the University of California Berkeley Unix Research, historically called “BSD Unix” or “Berkeley Unix” today simply called BSD for Berkeley Software Distribution.
GhostBSD 21.04.27 has been released.
- GhostBSD is now based on FreeBSD 13.0-STABLE
- Devmatch and Devd are now fully functional
- Touch screen support
- Network configuration is done by devd
- Network service supports starting unique devices
- OpenZFS 2.0
- New ZFS services have been added
- Old ZFS services were updated
- The installer has been improved for OPenZFS 2.0
- New icons theme
- OpenRC services improvements