The Serverless Framework – Build applications comprised of microservices that run in response to events, auto-scale for you, and only charge you when they run. This lowers the total cost of maintaining your apps, enabling you to build more logic, faster.
The Framework uses new event-driven compute services, like AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, and more. It’s a command-line tool, providing scaffolding, workflow automation and best practices for developing and deploying your serverless architecture. It’s also completely extensible via plugins.
Serverless is an MIT open-source project, actively maintained by a full-time, venture-backed team.
- Supports Node.js, Python, Java, Scala, C#, F#, Go, Groovy, Kotlin, PHP & Swift.
- Manages the lifecycle of your serverless architecture (build, deploy, update, delete).
- Safely deploy functions, events and their required resources together via provider resource managers (e.g., AWS CloudFormation).
- Functions can be grouped (“serverless services”) for easy management of code, resources & processes, across large projects & teams.
- Minimal configuration and scaffolding.
- Built-in support for multiple stages.
- Optimized for CI/CD workflows.
- Loaded with automation, optimization and best practices.
- 100% Extensible: Extend or modify the Framework and its operations via Plugins.
- An ecosystem of serverless services and plugins.
- A passionate and welcoming community!