Intel 14th Gen Core desktop processors hit Canadian shelves
Intel is poised to unveil its 14th generation Core desktop processor, known as Raptor Lake Refresh, at the forthcoming “Intel Innovation” summit in San Jose, California. Prior reports suggested that Intel would increase the pricing of this 14th generation Core desktop processor.
The new generation of Intel desktop processors has already been listed on PC Canada, introducing the initial six products with K/KF suffixes: Core i9-14900K/KF, Core i7-14700K/KF, and Core i5-14600K/KF. The displayed prices suggest an average 4% increase over the previous generation. Specifically:
- – The Core i9-14900K is priced at 833.99 Canadian dollars, up from the Core i9-13900K’s 808.99 Canadian dollars, marking a 3% rise.
- – The Core i9-14900KF has moved from the Core i9-13900KF’s price of 775.99 Canadian dollars to 833.99 Canadian dollars, an increase of 7%.
- – The Core i7-14700K has jumped from the Core i9-13700K’s 583.99 Canadian dollars to 597.99 Canadian dollars, a 2% rise.
- – The Core i7-14700KF, initially priced at the Core i7-13700KF’s 538.99 Canadian dollars, is now at 559.99 Canadian dollars, marking a 4% increase.
- – The Core i5-14600K has seen a price hike from the Core i5-13600K’s 436.99 Canadian dollars to 453.99 Canadian dollars, a 4% rise.
- – The Core i5-14600KF’s price has risen 3% from the Core i5-13600KF’s 402.99 Canadian dollars to 415.99 Canadian dollars.
Contrary to previous rumors suggesting an average increase of 15%, the adjustments provided by the retailers seem significantly milder. However, it’s worth noting that as these products haven’t officially launched yet, these listed prices might merely be provisional and may change upon the official release.
According to prior information, the release date and the review embargo lifting for Intel’s 14th generation Core processor are both slated for October 17, 2023. The advertising embargo will be lifted a day earlier:
– Advertising release: 6:00 AM Pacific Standard Time on October 16, 2023.
– Product launch and review embargo lift: 6:00 AM Pacific Standard Time on October 17, 2023.
Compared to the 13th generation Core’s corresponding models, the Core i7-14700K/KF exhibits the most significant changes. Its core configuration transitions from 8P+8E to 8P+12E, and its L3 cache expands from 30MB to 33MB. The Core i9-14900K/KF and the Core i5-14600K/KF remain relatively unchanged, with only slight frequency enhancements.