VirtualBox is Oracle’s multi-platform open source virtualization software, support GNU / Linux, Windows, macOS and Solaris, and other systems. It supports the creation and management of guest virtual machines running versions and derivations of Windows, Linux, BSD, OS/2, Solaris, Haiku, OSx86 and others, and limited virtualization of macOS guests on Apple hardware.
VM VirtualBox 6.0.8 released.
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- Core: fix saved state resume failures (bugs #18265 and #18331)
- User interface: show full file location in New Medium window.
- User interface: fix mouse click pass-through problems in multi-screen virtual machines (6.0.6 regression, bug #18567)
- Graphics: fixed a crash when powering off a VM without graphics controller (bug #18570)
- API: partial fix for dealing with VM config conflicting with other VMs related to medium UUIDs, now correctly flags VM as inaccessible (bug #17908)
- Windows hosts: Support paths longer than 4096 characters on in shared folders
- Linux hosts: fix kernel module build breakage in non-default build set-ups (bug #18620, thank you Ambroz Bizjak)
- Linux hosts: fix kernel module build breakage in debug build set-ups (bug #18621, thank you Ambroz Bizjak)
- Windows guests: notice file size increases in shared folders which were missed in certain cases
- Linux guests: make shared folders work with Linux 3.16.35
- Linux guests: fix incorrectly read-only shared folders (bug #18345)