VirtualBox is Oracle’s multi-platform open-source virtualization software, supports GNU / Linux, Windows, macOS and Solaris, and other systems. It supports the creation and management of guest virtual machines running versions and derivations of Windows, Linux, BSD, OS/2, Solaris, Haiku, OSx86 and others, and limited virtualization of macOS guests on Apple hardware.
VM VirtualBox 6.0.14 released.
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- Virtualization core: fixed an invalid-guest state guru meditation in some rare circumstances on Intel hosts
- Virtualization core: some fixes for systems with lots of processors
- Audio: relaxed VRM / VRA (variable rate audio) bit checks to provide more compatibility for guests running ALSA setups with the AC’97 emulation
- USB: made device capturing for passthrough more accurate and reliable on Windows host
- Network: fixed potential issue with interrupt signalling for network adapters in UEFI guests
- 3D: fixed flicker and redraw issues when using VBoxSVGA or VMSVGA graphics adapter (bugs #18562, #18956)
- 3D: fixed crash with some applications when using VBoxSVGA or VMSVGA graphics adapter (bug #18638)
- macOS host: fix crash of GUI VM process which showed up frequently with 10.15 Catalina (bug #18990)
- Linux host: support Linux 5.3, thank you Larry Finger (see also bug #18911)
- Linux host: improve python version detection during rpm package creation, can change package dependencies and fix some installation problems
- Linux guests: calls to aio_read(3) and aio_write(3) may fail inside shared folders (bug #18805)
- Linux guests: fix problem with shared folder unmounting in service script, thank you Denis Ryndine (bug #18853)
- Linux guests: VBox 6.0.10 GAs fail to compile on Red Hat/CentOS/Oracle Linux 7.7 and Red Hat 8.1 Beta (bug #18917)