The Apache Tomcat® software is an open source implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies. The Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket specifications are developed under the Java Community Process.
The Apache Tomcat software is developed in an open and participatory environment and released under the Apache License version 2. The Apache Tomcat project is intended to be a collaboration of the best-of-breed developers from around the world. We invite you to participate in this open development project. To learn more about getting involved, click here.
Apache Tomcat software powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations. Some of these users and their stories are listed on the PoweredBy wiki page.
Apache Tomcat, Tomcat, Apache, the Apache feather, and the Apache Tomcat project logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Changelog Apache Tomcat 8.5.43
- Modify the Default and WebDAV Servlets so that a 405 status code is returned for
DELETErequests when disabled via the
- Align the contents of the
Allowheader with the response code for the Default and WebDAV Servlets. For any given resource a method that returns a 405 status code will not be listed in the
Allowheader and a method listed in the
Allowheader will not return a 405 status code. (markt)
- When using WebDAV to copy a file resource to a destination that requires a collection to be overwritten, ensure that the operation succeeds rather than fails (with a 500 response). This enables Tomcat to pass two additional tests from the Litmus WebDAV test suite. (markt)
- 49464: Improve the Default Servlet’s handling of static files when the file encoding is not compatible with the required response encoding. (markt)
- Fix typo in UTF-32LE charset name. Patch by zhanhb vi Github. (fschumacher)
- 58590: Add the ability for a UserDatabase to monitor the backing XML file for changes and reload the source file if a change in the last modified time is detected. This is enabled by default meaning that changes to
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/tomcat-users.xmlwill now take effect a short time after the file is saved. (markt)
- Improve parsing of Range request headers. (markt)
- Range headers that specify a range unit Tomcat does not recognise should be ignored rather than triggering a 416 response. Based on a pull request by zhanhb. (markt)
- When comparing a date from a
If-Rangeheader, an exact match is required. Based on a pull request by zhanhb. (markt)
- Add an option to the default servlet to disable processing of PUT requests with Content-Range headers as partial PUTs. The default behaviour (processing as partial PUT) is unchanged. Based on a pull request by zhanhb. (markt)
- Improve parsing of Content-Range headers. (markt)
- Ensure that the HEAD response is consistent with the GET response when
HttpServletis relied upon to generate the HEAD response and the GET response uses chunking. (markt)
- Update the recommended minimum Tomcat Native version to 1.2.23. (markt)