Proxmox Mail Gateway 7.1 releases: based on Debian Buster
Proxmox Mail Gateway is the leading open-source email security solution protecting your mail server against all email threats the moment they emerge. Organizations of any size can easily implement and deploy the comprehensive anti-spam and anti-virus platform in a few minutes. Deploying the full featured mail proxy between the firewall and an internal mail server allows to control all incoming and outgoing email traffic from the single web-based interface. Proxmox filters the whole email traffic at the gateway before it reaches the mail server and protects businesses against email attacks and other malicious threats. Proxmox Mail Gateway is open-source software, licensed under the GNU AGPL, v3. Commercial support subscriptions are available from Proxmox.
The Mail Gateway is a complete operating system based on Debian Stretch 9.5 with a 4.15 kernel. The anti-spam and anti-virus filtering solution functions like a full-featured mail proxy deployed between the firewall and the internal mail server and protects organizations against spam, viruses, Trojans, and phishing emails.
Here are the highlights
- Based on Debian 11.1 (“Bullseye”)
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.6 and PostgreSQL 13.5
- API enhancements like support for IP configuration via DHCP
- GUI: the configuration of LDAP backends via GUI has been improved
- APT repository configuration now visible and editable by users with ‘Administrator’ privileges
- Multi-Factor Authentication for the GUI: WebAuthn, one-time recovery keys, TOTP as second factors
- updated translations