Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications. It is a simple and powerful web server application which requires a server with PHP and either MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server to run. You can find full technical requirements here. Joomla! is free and Open Source software distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
Joomla! is the most popular and widely supported open source multilingual CMS platform in the world, offering over 65 languages.
- Well Supported
Our worldwide, enthusiastic community is filled with individuals, and teams of world-class developers and business consultants who actively help at no cost in the forums.
- Easy Updates
One of the big challenges with any software is keeping it up to date. Fortunately, Joomla! has a “One Click Version Update” feature to make this process super easy for users of any skill level.
- Integrated Help System
Joomla! has an in-app contextual help system to help every level of user to operate their Joomla.
- Media Manager
The Media Manager is the tool for easily uploading, organizing and managing your media files and folders.
- Banner Management
With the banner manager, you have the possibility to easily add advertising and monetize your website.
- Contact Management
Not enough with just one contact form on your site? The contacts component allows you to add several contacts, departments, and categories, and extend the basic contact information with miscellaneous information and an image. Easily set up a contact form for each contact you create and allow access to the public or just to some registered users, or create a listing of these contacts.
- Search better, Search Smarter
With the built-in search and smart search, your website visitors will be able to quickly and easily find the appropriate information on your site.
What are the benefits of Joomla?
- The functionality of a Joomla! the website can be extended by installing extensions that you can create (or download) to suit your needs.
- There are many ready-made extensions that you can download and install.
- Check out the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED).
Joomla 4 Beta 4 and Joomla 3.10 Alpha 2 has been released.
Joomla 4 Beta 4
- Various bug fixes around the functionality of the CSP Plugin
- Improved our icomoon to fontawesome mapping (shoutout to Hans Kuijpers and Troy Hall for their continued teamwork on this)
- Added some code to handle nested templates as a preparatory step for future Joomla 4.x releases
- Added back the custom_data field to the extensions table (as a direct result of developer feedback)
- Increased test coverage of the API
- Over 100 bugs squashed!
Joomla 3.10 Alpha 2
Joomla 3.10 stable will primarily be a release containing backports of API changes from the Joomla 4.0 development branch to help ease the transition to the next major release for the community. Joomla 3.10 will be supported for 2 years after it has been finally released.
With Joomla 3.10 we introduce a new feature to the Joomla Update component to help you with your mini-migration process: the Pre-Update Checker.