Tails OS is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card.
It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity and helps you to:
- use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship; all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
- leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
- use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Tails OS 4.14 has been released.
Changes and updates
- Add support for the Ledger hardware wallets in Electrum. (#15353)
- Update Tor Browser to 10.0.7.
- Update Thunderbird to 78.5.1.
- Update Linux to 5.9. This should improve the support for newer hardware (graphics, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- Remove the Unifont font. (!263)
- Fix Additional Software by updating the APT key for
- Fix changing the administration password stored in the Persistent Storage. (#18018)
- Fix opening the Persistent Storage of another Tails USB stick in the Files browser. (#18050)
- Restore automatically a GnuPG public keyring from its backup when it gets corrupt. (#17807)
For more details, read our changelog.