Tails OS is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card.
It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity and helps you to:
- use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship; all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
- leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
- use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Tails OS 4.11 has been released.
- We added a new feature of the Persistent Storage to save the settings from the Welcome Screen: language, keyboard, and additional settings.
To restore your settings when starting Tails, unlock your Persistent Storage in the Welcome Screen.
Changes and updates
- Update Tor Browser to 10.0.
- Update Thunderbird to 68.12.
- Update Linux to 5.7.17. This should improve the support for newer hardware (graphics, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- Configure KeePassXC to use the new default location Passwords.kdbx. (#17286)
- Update python3-trezor to 0.11.6 to add compatibility with the new Trezor Model T.
- Disable the feature to Turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot in the Wi-Fi settings because it doesn’t work in Tails. (#17887)