Tails OS is a live operating system that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card.
It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity and helps you to:
- use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship; all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
- leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
- use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Tails OS 4.2.2 has been released.
- Update Tor Browser to 9.0.4.
Mozilla is aware of targeted attacks in the wild abusing this vulnerability.
This vulnerability only affects the standard security level of Tor Browser. The safer and safest security levels are not affected.
- Avoid a 2-minutes delay when restarting after doing an automatic upgrade. (#17026)
For more details, read our changelog.