After releasing the developer preview version a few days ago, today Apple released iOS/iPadOS 13.4 Public Beta. The user who has signed the Apple Beta Test Project can install iOS/iPadOS 13.4 Public Beta via OTA.
iOS and iPadOS 13.4 introduced some very useful new features and improvements, including a new mail toolbar: separate reply button and delete button to prevent users from accidentally deleting emails by accident. In addition, a new “Shazam It” shortcut has been added to the shortcut application to identify songs, and some adjustments have been made to the CarPlay controls for calling and third-party navigation applications.
The detailed updates are as follows:
- After a user views specific app settings and then returns to the main Settings page, the Settings app might quit unexpectedly. (59124369)
- iOS 13.4 beta is available for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max using the Configuration Profile. Installation using the Restore Image isn’t available for these models. (59163378)
- The Siri interface may no longer appear as expected. (58685659)Workaround: Restart your phone.
- QuickType Keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- QuickType Keyboard now supports live Conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).
- QuickType Keyboard now supports Swiss German layout for 12.9″ iPad layout.
- 12.9″ iPad layouts for several languages now match the hardware keyboard layouts accurately.
- When an app requests Always authorization for the first time after having previously been authorized for While Using the App, the device immediately presents the location authorization prompt. (57106235)
- New keyboard shortcuts are available in Photos on iPadOS which allow you to quickly navigate between tabs, search, and create albums. While in full screen mode you can also delete, duplicate, and enter Edit mode using a keyboard. (57195967)
- Photos might not sync as expected to Apple Watch. (58345344)
- The code-generated loading methods don’t load Reality Files. (58925510)Workaround: Use the
Of: with Name:)
loadmethods without specifying the scene name in the URL. If you have multiple scenes in your Reality Composer project, please create individual Reality Files and Reality Composer projects for each scene and load them using these methods.
Anchor(contents Of: with Name:)
- When using a
Navigationwith multiple columns, the navigation bar now shows a control to toggle the columns. (49074511)
onmodifiers are now available on iOS. (49661347)