Apache Kylin™ is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets, originally contributed from eBay Inc.
Apache Kylin™ lets you query massive dataset at sub-second latency in 3 steps.
- Identify a Star Schema on Hadoop.
- Build Cube from the identified tables.
- Query with ANSI-SQL and get results in sub-second, via ODBC, JDBC or RESTful API.
WHAT IS KYLIN?
– Extremely Fast OLAP Engine at Scale:
– ANSI SQL Interface on Hadoop:
– Interactive Query Capability:
– MOLAP Cube:
– Seamless Integration with BI Tools:
– Other Highlights:
– Compression and Encoding Support
– Incremental Refresh of Cubes
– Leverage HBase Coprocessor for query latency
– Both approximate and precise Query Capabilities for Distinct Count
– Approximate Top-N Query Capability
– Easy Web interface to manage, build, monitor and query cubes
– Security capability to set ACL at Cube/Project Level
– Support LDAP and SAML Integration
Apache Kylin v2.3.2 was released.
- [KYLIN-3345] – Use Apache Parent POM 19
- [KYLIN-3372] – Upgrade jackson-databind version due to security concerns
- [KYLIN-3415] – Remove “external” module
- [KYLIN-3115] – Incompatible RowKeySplitter initialize between build and merge job
- [KYLIN-3336] – java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.kylin.tool.HBaseUsageExtractor.execute([Ljava.lang.String;)
- [KYLIN-3348] – “missing LastBuildJobID” error when building new cube segment
- [KYLIN-3352] – Segment pruning bug, e.g. date_col > “max_date+1”
- [KYLIN-3363] – Wrong partition condition appended in JDBC Source
- [KYLIN-3388] – Data may become not correct if mappers fail during the redistribute step, “distribute by rand()”
- [KYLIN-3400] – WipeCache and createCubeDesc causes deadlock
- [KYLIN-3401] – The current using zip compress tool has an arbitrary file write vulnerability
- [KYLIN-3404] – Last optimized time detail was not showing after cube optimization