The Apache JMeter™ application is open source software, a 100% pure Java application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance. It was originally designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.
Apache JMeter may be used to test performance both on static and dynamic resources, Web dynamic applications.
It can be used to simulate a heavy load on a server, group of servers, network or object to test its strength or to analyze overall performance under different load types.
Apache JMeter features include:
- Ability to load and performance test many different applications/server/protocol types:
- Web – HTTP, HTTPS (Java, NodeJS, PHP, ASP.NET, …)
- SOAP / REST Webservices
- Database via JDBC
- Message-oriented middleware (MOM) via JMS
- Mail – SMTP(S), POP3(S) and IMAP(S)
- Native commands or shell scripts
- Java Objects
- Full featured Test IDE that allows fast Test Plan recording (from Browsers or native applications), building and debugging.
- CLI mode (Command-line mode (previously called Non GUI) / headless mode) to load test from any Java compatible OS (Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, …)
- A complete and ready to present dynamic HTML report
- Easy correlation through ability to extract data from most popular response formats, HTML, JSON , XML or any textual format
- Complete portability and 100% Java purity.
- Full multi-threading framework allows concurrent sampling by many threads and simultaneous sampling of different functions by separate thread groups.
- Caching and offline analysis/replaying of test results.
- Highly Extensible core:
- Pluggable Samplers allow unlimited testing capabilities.
- Scriptable Samplers (JSR223-compatible languages like Groovy and BeanShell)
- Several load statistics may be chosen with pluggable timers.
- Data analysis and visualization plugins allow great extensibility as well as personalization.
- Functions can be used to provide dynamic input to a test or provide data manipulation.
- Easy Continuous Integration through 3rd party Open Source libraries for Maven, Gradle and Jenkins.
Apache JMeter 5.1.1 releases.
Live Reporting and Web Report
A new menu entry has been added to the Tools menu. It’s allow to generate a results report from a previous CSV/JTL file.
HTTP Samplers and Test Script Recorder
- Bug 62977 – Allow sending HTTP requests without a default User-Agent header
- Bug 63185 – LDAP related elements: Add option to implicitly trust SSL/TLS connections/Disable hostname verification. Based on contribution by Brian Wolfe (wolfebrian2120 at gmail.com)