NuTyX 21.03.0-rc4 releases, Linux distribution
NuTyX is a French Linux distribution that was created from Linux From Scratch and Beyond Linux From Scratch with a custom package management system called cards. The package manager can install a separate binary package, can also install a set of associated binary packages (such as KDE or Xfce desktop software package), but also from the ports compiler source code package. The release is designed for intermediate and advanced Linux users.
The 10 benefits of NuTyX
- You can install NuTyX from almost any other distribution, thanks to the BASH script named install-nutyx. This can be downloaded, study it carefully to see what it will do, then launch it from the host distribution. Briefly, the script will check for all the necessary tools, then start the download of a minimal set of packages and finally install them in the location you specified. Details and explanations can be found here.
- The hierarchical portscollection system provides maximum flexibility in managing software. Each collection is divided into a mandatory and an extra part.
- A very simple method called porting allows you to download a recipe from our repositories. This recipe is very similar to the scripts used in CRUX, and is usually less than 10 lines long. It can also determine and apply all required Dependencies.
- It has the ability, once installed in a folder, to produce a personalized installable ISO version of NuTyX. The new live version can also be re-installed on other machines, should you so desire.
- It allows you to install a complete base binary package or a selection of individual base binaries packages. For example: devel, man, doc and lib.
- It has no need of a separate HDD or partition. The NuTyX installer creates a virtual environment and therefore is able to install/re-install without formatting the target disk or partition.
- It has unique installation coding, which prevents the NuTyX installer from FORMATTING the target partition. This means that NuTyX can be installed on a partition containing data: (for example) personal files and various non-system folders.
- It has a very powerful, yet simple command which allows you to revert to the base system and completely change the graphical user interface (for example from KDE to XFCE). This makes it unnecessary to reinstall or download every package again. The already downloaded packages will simply be reinstalled automatically if still up to date.
- It has a totally unique package manager made of expandable modules. It has no dependencies except glibc. One of its strong points is the ability to discover binary (run-time) dependencies automatically.
- It has the ability to compile all the packages properly per level in a dedicated chroot environment. After compilation, all the dependencies are again checked to make sure no broken links are found.
NuTyX 21.03.0-rc4 was released.