In March of this year, Microsoft said for the first time that it will launch Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) for Mac. After internal testing and closed testing, Microsoft today officially launched the Microsoft Defender ATP public preview for Mac.
Based on user feedback collected during the closed beta, Microsoft made the following improvements to the product:
- Enhanced accessibility
- Improved performance
- improved client product health monitoring
- Localization into 37 languages
- Improved anti-tampering protections
- Feedback and samples can now be submitted via the interface.
- Product health can be queried with JAMF or the command line.
- Admins can set their cloud preference for any location, not just for those in the US.
The Microsoft Defender ATP Public Preview for Mac runs on macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra or macOS Sierra devices.