On February 19, Google released the Android 11 Developer Preview and said that the Beta version will be launched in May, and the final release version will be available in Q3 of 2020. It has now been four weeks since the launch of the Android 11 Developer Preview, and Google has released the Android 11 Developer Preview 2, which fixes some errors in the previous version.
The following developer-reported issues were fixed in DP2:
- The keyboard now appears after tapping Reply on a message in the notification shade (Issue #150028675).
- After finishing a call, the phone no longer crashes and restarts (Issue #150117193).
- When adjusting battery optimization settings, all apps are now listed (Issue #150185518).
getCurrentLocation()now returns correct location details on Pixel 4 XL devices (Issue #150151278).
- The status bar and quick settings tile now correctly indicate when a Bluetooth audio device is connected (Issue #149871906).
LocationManager.requestLocationUpdates()now reports the location correctly from the network provider (Issue #149890393).
- Downloads no longer hang when a user tries to download Pixel Sounds from Settings > Sounds > Ringtone – Notification – Alarm sounds (Issue #149874827).
Android 11 Developer Preview builds are available for Google Pixel 4 / 4XL, Pixel 3a / 3a XL, Pixel 3 / 3 XL, and Pixel 2 / 2 XL only.