Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update is now available
The 2.0 update for “Cyberpunk 2077” has been unveiled, now accessible on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC platforms. Within this revision, CD Projekt Red has meticulously reconstructed a multitude of gameplay mechanisms and core game functionalities, coupled with an array of refinements and enhancements. All these modifications have been incorporated into the original game and are freely available to all PC and next-generation console gamers.
Although players can resume from their existing save files, the developers ardently recommend embarking on a fresh journey to wholly immerse oneself in the rich alterations they’ve implemented. Those who have procured the DLC “Phantom Liberty,” which debuted on September 26th, can also avail themselves of the comprehensively upgraded preset characters, directly segueing into the expansion’s narrative.
Exclusive to the “Cyberpunk 2077” 2.0 PC version:
- Updated PC system requirements. A SSD is now required to run the game. More information can be found here.
- Added support for NVIDIA DLSS 3.5, which introduces DLSS Ray Reconstruction, a feature that improves the quality of Ray Traced effects. A GeForce RTX graphics card is required. The option is available in Settings → Graphics in the NVIDIA DLSS section. DLSS 3.5 is only available if Path Tracing is turned on. To make sure DLSS Ray Reconstruction works correctly on your PC, update your NVIDIA Game Ready Driver to version 537.42 at minimum.
- [AMD SMT] Introduced a new AMD Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) switch located in Settings → Gameplay → Performance. It allows you to set SMT to Off (only physical cores), On (all logical cores) or Auto (ensuring the performance average across different locations and situations in game is optimal). This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and is based on tests conducted on both sides.
- The Crowd Density setting has been moved from the Gameplay tab to the Graphics tab. Additionally, Crowd Density is now tied to Graphics Quick Presets and will change depending on the selected preset, but it can be customized independently if needed.
- As PC system requirements have been updated, running the game on an SSD is now a requirement on Steam Deck.
- Updated Steam Deck graphics profile for improved frame rate stability.
Furthermore, there have been platform-specific modifications. On Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 platforms, the target scaling resolution in performance mode has transitioned from dynamic 4K resolution to dynamic 1800P, enhancing both performance and image fidelity.