The ASP.NET team announced the release of ASP.NET Core 2.2.0, which is compatible with .NET Core 2.2, supports Visual Studio 2017 (Visual Studio version 2017 15.9 or higher, Visual Studio for Mac version 7.7 or higher and Visual Studio Code C# extension version 1.17.1 or higher).
ASP.NET Core 2.2.0 adds many new features to make Web applications build and monitor more easily and improve performance.
- Better integration with popular Open API (Swagger) libraries including design-time checks with code analyzers
- Introduction of Endpoint Routing with up to 20% improved routing performance in MVC
- Improved URL generation with the LinkGenerator class & support for route Parameter Transformers (and a post from Scott Hanselman)
- New Health Checks API for application health monitoring
- Up to 400% improved throughput on IIS due to in-process hosting support
- Up to 15% improved MVC model validation performance
- Problem Details (RFC 7807) support in MVC for detailed API error results
- Preview of HTTP/2 server support in ASP.NET Core
- Template updates for Bootstrap 4 and Angular 6
- Java client for ASP.NET Core SignalR
- Up to 60% improved HTTP Client performance on Linux and 20% on Windows