Android Studio released 3.2 Canary 18 and 3.1.3 bug-fix versions.
Android Studio 3.1.3 bug-fix
- Memory leaks caused Android Studio to become slow and unresponsive after you had been using the Layout Editor. This update includes fixes for most of these issues. We intend to release another update soon to address additional memory leaks.
- Some applications built with D8 crashed on some Verizon Ellipsis tablets.
- Installation of applications built with D8 failed with an INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT error on devices running Android 5.0 or 5.1 (API level 21 or 22).
- Some applications that used the OkHttp library and were built with D8 crashed on devices running Android 4.4 (API level 19).
- Android Studio sometimes failed to start, with a ProcessCanceledException during class initialization for com.intellij.psi.jsp.JspElementType.
Android Studio 3.2 Canary 18
This update includes fixes for the following bugs:
- Inclusion of a test library dependency caused the Navigation Editor to block waiting for build completion.
- The debugger crashed when debugging a layout with a text box.
myDisposableinstance that was not cleared when the instance was disposed.
- The default
- Some lint warnings were not suppressed when
- Android Studio crashed during fragment transitions when using profilers.
- Android Studio failed to download SDK packages on macOS after the default language was changed from English to Hindi.