MariaDB database management system is a branch of MySQL, mainly by the open-source community in the maintenance, using GPL license. MariaDB is designed to be fully compatible with MySQL, including API and command line.
MariaDB 10.5.4 is released, the main updates for this release include:
- This release of MariaDB Server includes the S3 storage engine. Note, that plugins have independent maturity levels and S3 storage engine in 10.5.4 has Alpha maturity.
- This release of MariaDB Server includes the MariaDB ColumnStore storage engine. Note, that plugins have independent maturity levels and MariaDB ColumnStore in 10.5.4 has Beta maturity.
- DROP TABLE now reliably deletes table remnants inside a storage engine even if the .frm file is missing
crc32()function for AMD64, ARMv8, POWER 8 (MDEV-22669)
- Lots of bug fixes, see the changelog.
- Limit innodb_encryption_threads to 255 (MDEV-22258).
- Minimum value of max_sort_length raised to 8 (previously 4) so fixed size data types like DOUBLE and BIGINT are not truncated for lower values of max_sort_length (MDEV-22715).