Free multi-platform database tool for developers, SQL programmers, database administrators, and analysts. Supports any database which has JDBC driver (which basically means – ANY database). EE version also supports non-JDBC datasources (WMI, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis).
- Has a lot of features including metadata editor, SQL editor, rich data editor, ERD, data export/import/migration, SQL execution plans, etc.
- Based on Eclipse platform.
- Uses plugins architecture and provides additional functionality for the following databases: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2 LUW, Exasol, SQL Server, SQLite, Firebird, H2, HSQLDB, Derby, Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, Informix.
DBeaver requires Java (JRE) 1.8+ to run.
- Windows installer includes JRE so just use it and doesn’t think about internals.
- On Linux, you may need to install Java manually (usually by running sudo apt-get install default-jre or something similar).
- On MacOS X you may need to download Java (JDK) from Oracle web site. Or use these instructions.
DBeaver 4.2.5 releases.
- Connection/schema selectors UI was improved
- Shortcuts for connection schema select (CTRL+9, CTRL+0)
- SQL error handle was fixed (error type detection, reconnect activation)
- SELECT COUNT(*) transformer was fixed
- SQL completion: multiple bug fixes
- SQL editor: single line comment toggle was fixed
- SQL editor: script execution UI config (editor pane maximize is now configurable)
- SQL editor: support association with connections from another project
- Database editor: auto-save doesn’t affect data editors
- Results viewer: varchar to binary column view transformer
- Results viewer: status label was fixed
- Results viewer: timestamp value editor was fixed
- PostgreSQL: view DDL was fixed (for alter view)
- MySQL/MariaDB: quoted schema name handle fixed
- Oracle: DATE data type support was fixed
- Oracle: execution plan for queries with parameters
- Oracle: sessions SQL read was improved
- SQL Server: native timestamp format fixed
- Data search: UI was fixed (performance)
- MetaData search: UI was fixed (tree structure)
- ER diagrams: datasource info in project explorer
- SSH tunnel config enhanced (local port number)
- i18n model enhancement
- Chinese localization
- Hex editor UI was fixed (hex panel stretching, preferences)
- Keyboard shortcuts were fixed (conflicts with other Eclipse solutions)
- Cloudera Impala driver config was added
- CUBRID driver config was added
- Office and SVG extensions moved to separate update sites (marketplace)
- Misc UI fixes