Free multi-platform database tool for developers, SQL programmers, database administrators, and analysts. Supports any database which has JDBC driver (which basically means – ANY database). EE version also supports non-JDBC datasources (WMI, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis).
- Has a lot of features including metadata editor, SQL editor, rich data editor, ERD, data export/import/migration, SQL execution plans, etc.
- Based on Eclipse platform.
- Uses plugins architecture and provides additional functionality for the following databases: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2 LUW, Exasol, SQL Server, SQLite, Firebird, H2, HSQLDB, Derby, Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, Informix.
DBeaver requires Java (JRE) 1.8+ to run.
- Windows installer includes JRE so just use it and doesn’t think about internals.
- On Linux, you may need to install Java manually (usually by running sudo apt-get install default-jre or something similar).
- On MacOS X you may need to download Java (JDK) from Oracle web site. Or use these instructions.
DBeaver 4.3.2 releases.
- UI language selector was added in preferences
- Active schema selector UI was enhanced (filter)
- Foreign/ref key navigation icon render was fixed
- String cell value can be opened in a separate text editor
- Plaintext rendering was enhanced (NULL values, delimiters)
- Data export: export of selected columns/rows is now supported
- SQL editor: support backslash escape in SQL strings/quoted identifiers
- DB2: connection properties dialog was fixed (settings load)
- SQL Server: Windows authentication option was added
- Sybase/SQL Server: schema list read/filter was fixed
- Sybase/SAP ASE: native jConnect driver configuration was added
- MySQL/MariaDB: big query results fetching was fixed (for complex custom SQL)
- PostgreSQL: procedure creation was fixed
- PostgreSQL: role create/drop actions
- PostgreSQL: permission management UI was added
- PostgreSQL: table DDL generation was fixed (column comments)
- Redis: connection properties dialog was fixed (settings load)
- Extra CLI options for MySQL/PostgreSQL native export/import wizards
- French localization was added (thanks to madcollector)
- Chinese localization was updated
- Many minor UI fixes