Free multi-platform database tool for developers, SQL programmers, database administrators, and analysts. Supports any database which has JDBC driver (which basically means – ANY database). EE version also supports non-JDBC datasources (WMI, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis).
- Has a lot of features including metadata editor, SQL editor, rich data editor, ERD, data export/import/migration, SQL execution plans, etc.
- Based on Eclipse platform.
- Uses plugins architecture and provides additional functionality for the following databases: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2 LUW, Exasol, SQL Server, SQLite, Firebird, H2, HSQLDB, Derby, Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, Informix.
DBeaver requires Java (JRE) 1.8+ to run.
- Windows installer includes JRE so just use it and doesn’t think about internals.
- On Linux, you may need to install Java manually (usually by running sudo apt-get install default-jre or something similar).
- On MacOS X you may need to download Java (JDK) from Oracle web site. Or use these instructions.
DBeaver 5.1.1 releases.
- Results viewer:
- Filter text can be expanded (for multi-line filter values)
- Filter editor now supports undo/redo and drag-n-drop
- Text value editor was fixed (undo/redo commands)
- Grouping panel UI was fixed (settings save, dark theme, keys navigation)
- Table ordering is saved between foreign keys navigation
- Context menu was refactored
- SQL Editor:
- Parser performance was improved
- SQL formatting was improved
- Support special characters in table names for auto-completion
- Stored procedures execute was improved
- Stored procedures names auto-completion was added
- Driver manager dialog was fixed
- Palette is visible by default
- Notes edit was fixed (+ undo/redo)
- Table/tree editors UI was fixed for MacOS
- Ping/keep-alive background jobs visualization was fixed
- Use fully qualified data type names in DDL
- View default values for procedure parameters
- Enum/set values editor was fixed
- Revoke all permissions command was fixed
- Show template databases
- Event DDL was fixed
- View DDL was fixed
- SQL Server: datetime/datetime2 data types handle was fixed
- HSQLDB: synonyms support was added
- Data transfer:
- CSV values escaping was fixed
- Support export in SQL format for custom SQL queries
- Finish wizard message can be suppressed
- Localization was improved