Android Studio is the officially integrated development environment (IDE) for Google’s Android operating system, built on JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA software and designed specifically for Android development. It is available for download on Windows, macOS and Linux based operating systems. It is a replacement for the Eclipse Android Development Tools (ADT) as primary IDE for native Android application development.
Android Studio was announced on May 16, 2013, at the Google I/O conference. It was in early access preview stage starting from version 0.1 in May 2013, then entered beta stage starting from version 0.8 which was released in June 2014. The first stable build was released in December 2014, starting from version 1.0.
Android Studio 3.3.1 is released.
This minor release improves stability and performance, and fixes various bugs, such as the following:
- Issue#122796456: Android Studio 3.3 not generates signed APK/Bundle
- Issue#122301106: Memory leak in ProcessProfileWriterFactory
- Issue#119306837: ConcurrentModificationException in AGP during Lint
- Issue#122955919:ResolvedArtifact keep references to ComponentArtifactIdentifier
- Issue#123310328: Kotlin sdtlib kotlin_modules files are inside builder
- Issue#118596839: C++ parsing errors – wrong paths in android_gradle_build.json
- Issue#122887884: VerifyError: register v2 has type Conflict but expected Integer
- Issue#122937067: transformClassesAndResourcesWithR8ForDebugAndroidTest fails when firebase-iid is a dependency
- Issue#116361869: AS Error: Progress subrange out of bounds
- Issue#121340427: AS is slow, I can see the lines as they go from being uncolored and then highlighted
- Issue#122883564: How to remove the smiley buttons on Android Studio 3.3
- Issue#122133551: Image preview is blank for png file
- Issue#122883561: AndroidStudio 3.3 does not see classes generated into build/generated/source/kaptKotlin
- Issue#122141871: Signing Password are now saved in files protected by user only access rights.
- Issue#122874775: Scanning files to index, out of memory.
- Issue#122553653: Change Propagation using BaseObservable not working after setLifecycleOwner