OpenMandriva Lx, based on Mandriva and Mandrake code, is an exciting free Desktop Operating System that aims to cater to and interest first time and advanced users alike. It has the breadth and depth of an advanced system but is designed to be simple and straightforward in use.
OpenMandriva Lx comes from a 100% community-driven association that believes in the values of free software & collaboration and whose founding values are development, equality, co-operation, openness, freedom, group achievement, independence, and solidarity.
- KDE 4.14.3 – default desktop for 2014.x and older
- Plasma 5 – default desktop since Lx 3 release
- Wayland support throug Plasma 5, Hawaii desktop and papyros
- systemd – default initing system
- LLVM/clang – default compiler (better than gcc), improved speed and memory footprint
- Calamares – graphical installer
- Automatic hardware detection
- ARM v7 and ARM v8 (aarch64) support
OpenMandriva Lx 4.0 beta releases.
OMCC/drakconf and drakxtools to be replaced
OMCC/drakconf and drakxtools will be replaced with newer, more up to date, software. The first step in this process is dnfdragora available for user testing on the Lx 4.0 Beta1 release.
dnfdragora is a replacement for rpmdrake. More software will be added to upcoming releases.
OpenMandriva Lx uses the latest stable kernel, 4.20.4, by default BFQ is set up as a default I/O scheduler to achieve best performance.
Default init system is systemd with version 240