OpenMandriva Lx, based on Mandriva and Mandrake code, is an exciting free Desktop Operating System that aims to cater to and interest first time and advanced users alike. It has the breadth and depth of an advanced system but is designed to be simple and straightforward in use.
OpenMandriva Lx comes from a 100% community-driven association that believes in the values of free software & collaboration and whose founding values are development, equality, co-operation, openness, freedom, group achievement, independence, and solidarity.
- KDE 4.14.3 – default desktop for 2014.x and older
- Plasma 5 – default desktop since Lx 3 release
- Wayland support throug Plasma 5, Hawaii desktop and papyros
- systemd – default initing system
- LLVM/clang – default compiler (better than gcc), improved speed and memory footprint
- Calamares – graphical installer
- Automatic hardware detection
- ARM v7 and ARM v8 (aarch64) support
OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 Alpha is available for testing.
There are some graphic glitches due to our using Qt 5.14beta that should go away as Qt5.14 approaches official release which will happen before we release OM Lx 4.1 final/GA.
The final OM Lx 4.1 Alpha ISO’s when released will have KFrameworks 5.64 instead of KF 5.63.