Nitrux is also an attractive Linux distribution based on design. It is worth noting that Nitrux is based on the Ubuntu unstable dev branch and uses the Nomad desktop environment based on KDE Plasma 5 and Qt. Nitrux’s featured software includes the Babe Music Player and the Nomad Firewall Utility. The heart of Nitrux consists of a standard application format for portability and comes with custom software that uses rolling publish mode for 64-bit systems only.
- KDE Plasma 5 – KDE’s latest iteration of Plasma brings many improvements and goodies.
- Nomad Desktop – a custom set of plasmoids built on top of KDE Plasma 5.
- Nomad Software Center – a software store to manage AppImages applications.
- AppImages – Truly portable application format.
Nitrux 1.2.4 is available for immediate download.
- This new version is the fifth release of the Nitrux 1.2.x series.
- We’ve updated Waterfox to version 2019.12 Classic.
- We’ve updated the kernel to version 5.3.18.
- We’ve updated KDE Plasma to version 5.17.4, KDE Frameworks to version 5.65.0, KDE Applications to version 19.12, and Qt 5.13.2.
- Updated the Lüv icon theme.
- Added Maui Apps by default. New additions are Nota. Index, Pix, Buho, and VVave have been updated.
- Updated MauiKit Framework.
- Added Inkscape, GIMP, and Kdenlive AppImages by default.
- Fixed AppImages not in the correct folder after creating a new user.
- Removed Waterfox Current and replaced it with Classic.
- AppImage icons may be missing from the application launcher on first boot, press Alt+F2, and type
latte-dock --replacethen press Enter.
- Only American English appears as a language in the Regional Settings KCM. We are tracking this problem here: https://github.com/Nitrux/nitrux-bug-tracker/issues/4.