Nitrux is also an attractive Linux distribution based on design. It is worth noting that Nitrux is based on the Ubuntu unstable dev branch and uses the Nomad desktop environment based on KDE Plasma 5 and Qt. Nitrux’s featured software includes the Babe Music Player and the Nomad Firewall Utility. The heart of Nitrux consists of a standard application format for portability and comes with custom software that uses rolling publish mode for 64-bit systems only.
- KDE Plasma 5 – KDE’s latest iteration of Plasma brings many improvements and goodies.
- Nomad Desktop – a custom set of plasmoids built on top of KDE Plasma 5.
- Nomad Software Center – a software store to manage AppImages applications.
- AppImages – Truly portable application format.
Nitrux 1.2.0 is available for immediate download.
- The first release of Nitrux 1.2.x series.
- Updated Waterfox to version 56.2.13.
- Updated LibreOffice to version 6.3.0
- Updated kernel to version 5.2.11-lowlatency.
- Updated KDE Plasma to version 5.16.4, KDE Frameworks to version 5.61.0, KDE Applications to version 19.08.
- Added VMetal.
- Added Buho. Buho is a notes application using MauiKit.
- Added a new layout for Latte Dock, right-click it and select “Distributions” then “nx-bottom-panel.”
- AppImage icons may be missing from the application launcher on first boot, press Alt+F2, and type latte-dock –replace then press Enter.
- If not using English as default locale please run VMetal using the following command: LANG=C vmetal then press Enter.