Nitrux 1.1.2 releases: Linux distribution
Nitrux is also an attractive Linux distribution based on design. It is worth noting that Nitrux is based on the Ubuntu unstable dev branch and uses the Nomad desktop environment based on KDE Plasma 5 and Qt. Nitrux’s featured software includes the Babe Music Player and the Nomad Firewall Utility. The heart of Nitrux consists of a standard application format for portability and comes with custom software that uses rolling publish mode for 64-bit systems only.
- KDE Plasma 5 – KDE’s latest iteration of Plasma brings many improvements and goodies.
- Nomad Desktop – a custom set of plasmoids built on top of KDE Plasma 5.
- Nomad Software Center – a software store to manage AppImages applications.
- AppImages – Truly portable application format.
Nitrux 1.1.2 is available for immediate download.
- The third release of Nitrux 1.1.x series.
- Update Linux kernel to mainline version 4.20.0.
- Updated Plasma 5 (5.14.4), KDE Apps (18.12.0), KF5 (5.54.0).
- Updated znx:
4.1. Don’t add the menu entry if no images were found.
4.2. Test if URL points to a local file before trying to copy it.
4.3. Append the release type to the file name.
4.4. Fixed file name for upload.
4.5. Various fixes. Use print for writing to stdout. Remove unneeded &&’s.
4.6. Fixed list command.
4.7. For the sake of brevity, cd to/during the clean command.
4.8. Fix for #16. Use %s when printing user-provided positional parameters.
- Update MauiKit, Index, Pix, Buho, VVave.
- Added Nota Text Editor.
- Updated Chromium and LibreOffice AppImages.
- Updated NVIDIA binary Xorg driver, NVIDIA driver support binaries, NVIDIA kernel source, NVIDIA DKMS, NVIDIA OpenGL-based Inband Frame Readback runtime library, NVIDIA OpenGL/GLX/EGL/GLES GLVND libraries and Vulkan ICD, NVIDIA OpenGL-based Framebuffer Capture runtime library, NVENC Video Encoding runtime library, NVIDIA Video Decoding runtime libraries, NVIDIA libcompute, NVIDIA binary OpenGL/GLX configuration library to 415.25.
- Included VLC AppImage does not include an icon.