Earlier, Microsoft has launched Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231, which mainly brings a new Windows setup (OOBE) interface.
At the same time, Microsoft is also optimizing and repairing multiple functions of the system. Microsoft seems to think that the stability of this version is not bad, so the iso image file has been released.
Interested users can download these image files and install them on a virtual machine, of course, they can also be installed on a physical machine, but we do not recommend it due to stability considerations.
Changelog Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231
Changes and Improvements
- Meet Now in the Windows 10 Taskbar is now available to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- We’re starting to roll out a change to enable displaying graphics card information listed under Settings > System > About, and some Insiders may see this on their PCs.
- Our change to enable moving the text cursor via gestures on the touch keyboard is now rolling out to all Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- We fixed the vEthernet adapter disconnecting inside of the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Please see this GitHub thread for full details.
- We fixed an issue that could result in your ALT + Tab order changing unexpectedly and leading you to switch to the wrong window.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Action Center and notification buttons not being visible after switching between High Contrast Black and High Contrast White.
- We fixed an issue where the “Show audio alerts visually” option under Settings > Ease of Access> Audio wasn’t functioning for incoming notifications.
- We fixed an issue where if the PC was locked using with Narrator running, dismissing the lock screen wouldn’t announce the signed in username on the login screen.
- We fixed an issue when using Narrator and logging in with Windows Hello, Narrator wouldn’t announce the error message if your face wasn’t recognized.
- We fixed an issue resulting in audio and microphone glitches over Bluetooth for certain devices. As a reminder, when encountering issues in this space, please take a moment to capture a repro trace, as it helps the teams investigate. More details about capturing traces available here.
- We fixed an issue impacting Task View reliability.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Windows Hello setup camera preview in OOBE displaying in the wrong position if you rotated your device into portrait mode during setup.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings hanging on launch for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in systemsettingsbroker.exe crashing for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue where the HideRecentJumplists MDM Policy wasn’t taking effect.
- We fixed an issue that could result in duplicate cloud provider entries appearing in the File Explorer navigation pane.
- We fixed an issue resulting in PDF previews no longer displaying in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard unexpectedly dismissing after setting focus to the search box in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue where when typing with the Chinese Pinyin IME, if your text included an apostrophe, then after finalizing your composition by pressing Shift the result would display a garbled character.