Last year in November, Microsoft announced the identity of Platinum members to join the Linux Foundation and SQL Server 2016 into the Linux platform. Today, Microsoft announced that SQL Server 2017’s first public RC version has been available on Windows, Linux, MacOS, and Docker containers.
Microsoft said that so far, it has released SQL Server 2017 seven community technology preview version, each update has brought new features and improvements. These features include support for graphical data processing, adaptive query processing, an advanced integration of Python integration, and support for tier-1 mission-critical workloads on Linux.
Today released SQL Server 2017 RC1, Microsoft has further enhanced its functionality, including:
- Add SQL Server Active Directory integration on Linux
- Use Secure Transport Layer Protocol (TLS) to encrypt data
- Enhanced machine learning services
- More SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Improvements to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) on Linux
- Improvements to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) on Windows Server