GeckoLinux 423.171028.16 beta released. GeckoLinux derives from the openSUSE distribution, which is characterized by elegance and out-of-the-box accessibility for the desktop. The release features a number of desktop styles that can be installed from a self-starting CD. OpenSUSE default installation, there is some open source software due to obstruction in the absence of patents, but they are included in the GeckoLinux.
- Eight (8) editions: Cinnamon, XFCE, Gnome, Plasma, Mate, Budgie, LXQt, and “BareBones”
- “Static” releases based on openSUSE Leap
- “Rolling” releases based on openSUSE Tumbleweed
- An installable live DVD / USB image around 1GB in size
- Individual editions for many different popular desktop environments with a pleasant default configuration
- Carefully selected open source desktop programs and proprietary media codecs pre-installed and ready to use
- Beautiful open source font rendering configured out of the box
- Optimal power management with TLP pre-installed
- Much more open source and patent encumbered software available in the pre-configured repositories
- Start more smoothly
- Real-time system starts splash screen
- Optimize hardware detection
- There is no need to enter the user password for the real-time session
Please read the release instructions (self-contained ladder).