ExTiX is based on Ubuntu desktop Linux distribution, offering a choice of KDE, KDE or LXQt desktop environments.
- ExTiX – five versions
- KDE 4.16.12
- LXQt 0.12.0
- KDE Frameworks 5.44
- Kernel 4.18.0-rc5-extix, 4.13.0-15-exton, 4.15.0-23-exton respectively 4.8.0-26-exton
- Refracta tools in ExTiX 18.4-2 Deepin, 18.7 LXQt, 17.7 Budgie and 18.6 KDE
- Create your own Ubuntu system with Refracta Snapshot!
- Build 161203 is only for Intel Compute Sticks
- Refracta slideshow: http://www.extix.se/extix-refracta-slideshow.gif
- Budgie Desktop 10.2.9 in ExTiX 17.7 Build 170712
- Deepin Desktop 15.5 in ExTiX 18.4-2 Build 180421
- Calamares 3.1.9 is used as installer in ExtiX LXQt Build 180723 and ExTiX 18.4-2 Deepin Build 180421
- Kernel 4.16.2-exton in ExTiX Deepin Build 180421
- Kernel 4.18.0-rc5-extix in ExTiX LXQt Build 180723
- Kernel 4.15.0-23-exton in ExTiX KDE Build 180602
ExTiX Deepin 20.5 released.
This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 20 Beta released by Deepin Technology 200415.
NEW FUNCTIONS etc
1.You can run ExTiX from RAM. Use boot alternative 2 (load to RAM) or Advanced. A wonderful way to run Linux if you have enough RAM. Everything will be super fast. When ExTiX has booted up you can remove the DVD or USB stick.
2. You will have the opportunity to choose language before you enter the Deepin 20 Desktop. All main languages are supported.
3. I have replaced Deepin Installer with the Reborn version of Deepin Installer. Works better in every way.
4. I have replaced kernel 5.5.0-rc3-exton with kernel 5.7.0-rc5-exton. The latest available kernel from .
5. Spotify and Skype are pre-installed.
6. You can watch Netflix while running Firefox.
7. You can install ExTiX Deepin also in VirtualBox/VMware using Deepin Installer. (In previous versions you had to “chroot” into the install partition and install Grub).
8. Install ExTiX to a USB stick preferably with Rufus 3.10 in Windows.