ExTiX Deepin is based on Deepin Linux distribution, offering a choice of KDE, KDE or LXQt desktop environments.
- ExTiX – five versions
- KDE-plasma-desktop 5:104ubuntu4 together with Anbox in Build 200825
- LXQt 0.14.1
- You can install GAPPS in ExTiX KDE/Anbox Build 200825
- Kernel 5.9.1-Exton in ExTiX Deepin Build 201021
- Refracta tools in ExTiX 20.10 Deepin 20, ExTiX LXQt Mini 20.4, KDE/Anbox 20.9, 20.8 LXQt
- Build 161203 is only for Intel Compute Sticks
- Refracta slideshow: http://www.extix.se/extix-refracta-slideshow.gif
- Deepin Desktop 20 in ExTiX 20.10 Build 201021
- Kernel 5.8.0-rc7-Exton is used ExTiX LXQt Build 200804
- ExTiX Deepin 20.10 Build 201021 is for UEFI computers
- In ExTiX Deepin 20.10 you can run Skype and Spotify
- ExTiX Deepin 20.10 is based on Deepin 20 –https://www.deepin.org/en/
- ExTiX LXQt Build 200804 is of only 1300 MB – run it super fast in RAM!
- ExTiX LXQt Mini Build 200402 ISO is of only 1050 MB – run it superfast from RAM!
- Create your own Ubuntu/Anbox/Debian/Deepin system with Refracta Snapshot!
ExTiX Deepin 21.1 released.
MORE NEWS 210103 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin 21.1
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today with Refracta Snapshot and kernel 5.10.4-exton. Deepin 20.1 (latest version released 201230) is made in China. Deepin is devoted to providing a beautiful, easy to use, safe and reliable system for global users. Previous versions of ExTiX Deepin were based on Debian and Ubuntu. ExTiX 20.10 is a live build of Deepin 20.1, which is based on Debian Buster. All packages have been updated to the latest available version as of today. Study all installed packages in ExTiX Deepin 21.1 Build 210103. So ExTiX 21.1 is based on Deepin 20.1 and Debian Buster. I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 20.1 (as far as I know).
ExTiX Deepin 21.1 replaces ExTiX 20.10.
The Ultimate Linux System
I’ve called my different versions of ExTiX The Ultimate Linux System for many years by now. As regards ExTiX 21.1 Deepin I feel it’s especially justified. Everything just works.
While running ExTiX Deepin 21.1 live or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Deepin/Debian system. A ten year child can do it! NOTE: After a hard drive installation Refracta Snapshot will be uninstalled. Therefore you’ll have to download and reinstall Refracta Snapshot (if you want to make your own Deepin system). To use Refracta Snapshot while running ExTiX Deepin live (from DVD/USB) you’ll need a lot of RAM. Possibly 24 GB or more. You can, however, instead choose to put Refracta Snapshot working folders on a hard drive partition of at least 25 GB. In that case change /etc/refractasnapshot.conf on line 45 and 46 and mount the partition where you want said folders. Example: Change from /home/snapshot to /mnt/sda4/snapshot.
My special kernel 5.10.4-exton corresponding Kernel.org’s kernel 5.10.4.
Login to Deepin Desktop
Log in from LightDM Login Manager as the ordinary user live with password live. You can’t login to Deepin as root. While logged in as live you can use Sudo to become root. Example commands: sudo su or sudo dde-file-manager. The password for root is root.
Read my instruction.
Install ExTiX to hard drive using Deepin Installer
While running ExTiX 21.1 live (from a DVD or USB stick) you can install the system to hard drive using Deepin Installer. Please read my INSTRUCTION about how to use Deepin Installer. NOTE: After a hard drive installation you may end up in console mode. Then log in as your created user or as live with password live. Then run the command startx and you will enter the Deepin Desktop.
Using ExTiX Deepin Installer (Deepin’s original install program)
This was a bit tricky before since Deepin isn’t made for running in live mode. Not anymore though. Deepin Installer works very well also in VirtualBox and VMware. Watch a slideshow below showing the install process.