Yii2 framework is a modern framework designed to be a solid foundation for your PHP application.
It is fast, secure and efficient and works right out of the box pre-configured with reasonable defaults. The framework is easy to adjust to meet your needs because Yii has been designed to be flexible.
If you’re already familiar with another framework, you may appreciate knowing how Yii compares:
- Like most PHP frameworks, Yii implements the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectural pattern and promotes code organization based on that pattern.
- Yii takes the philosophy that code should be written in a simple yet elegant way. Yii will never try to over-design things mainly for the purpose of strictly following some design pattern.
- Yii is a full-stack framework providing many proven and ready-to-use features: query builders and ActiveRecord for both relational and NoSQL databases; RESTful API development support; multi-tier caching support; and more.
- Yii is extremely extensible. You can customize or replace nearly every piece of the core’s code. You can also take advantage of Yii’s solid extension architecture to use or develop redistributable extensions.
- High performance is always a primary goal of Yii.
Yii2 framework is not a one-man show, it is backed up by a strong core developer team, as well as a large community of professionals constantly contributing to Yii’s development. The Yii developer team keeps a close eye on the latest Web development trends and on the best practices and features found in other frameworks and projects. The most relevant best practices and features found elsewhere are regularly incorporated into the core framework and exposed via simple and elegant interfaces.
Yii2 framework 2.0.13 releases.
- contains more than 90 enhancements and bug fixes.