Microsoft has just announced Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25131. This version is a development version, and only users in the development channel can receive the push. There are no new features in this update, mainly to fix various bugs. Microsoft said in the blog that this update contains many good fixes to improve stability. Users who are on the development channel can go to the settings to check and get the latest version.
- Fixed an issue causing some Insider PCs with certain AMD processors to bugcheck and roll back when attempting to upgrade to last week’s flight. This issue is also believed to be the cause of some Insiders experiencing a bugcheck after enabling SVM in the bios on their PCs in the last build.
- Fixed an issue which was causing some Insiders with secondary accounts on their PC to not be able to upgrade to the latest builds.
- The new folder icon used in the command bar should be consistent with the one used in the context menu now.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to File Explorer hanging when browsing folders with lots of .mkv files.
- Fixed an issue which was causing searching from Home to not return any results sometimes from the Open or Save dialog (when doing it from File Explorer returned results).
- Searching for something like %appdata% should now show a proper folder icon and not just a blank square.
- When selecting “Open file location” for a search result, it should now select the file in the folder again now, and not just open the folder.
- Searching for “default” will now return the default apps Settings page as the first result, and not require you to click “show all results” in order to see it.
- Fixed an issue where the “Listen to this device” audio option would stop working after a reboot until being unchecked and rechecked.
- Narrator will now read out the position of the radio buttons in the Settings > Accessibility > Color filters page to make it easier to navigate.
- Hovering over “Do you like what you see?” when using Windows Spotlight on the lock screen should no longer display a shadow which extends to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed an issue which was leading to certain frame rate monitoring applications impacting game performance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause rounded corners to unexpectedly become pixelated at certain scale factors.