Microsoft today launched Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20270 version for users of the developer channel. The key update of this version is for Microsoft Cortana.
Cortana has not appeared in the official Microsoft blog for a long time. The main reason is that the product has been weakened so it is not focused on as before.
The old version of Cortana has actually been abandoned. The current Windows 10 system mainly promotes the standalone version of Cortana installed from the Microsoft Store.
Most of the features of this version of Microsoft Cortana are only supported by US users. For example, the file management function brought this time only supports English-speaking users in the U.S.
Changes and Improvements
- The new “Advanced View” checkbox in Optimize Drives is now up and running and checking it will display volumes previously not visible in this window (for example system and recovery partitions).
- Using the touch keyboard in a portrait posture on a 2-in-1 touch device now supports split keyboard mode. (This was released to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel as part of the recent Windows Feature Experience Pack update.)
- We fixed an issue resulting in some dialogs, such as Properties, displaying black text on dark backgrounds in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in certain apps unexpectedly closing when clicking the Maximize button in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in printers with Japanese characters in their names not displaying correctly in Printers & Scanners Settings.
- We fixed an issue that could result in some delay logging into your PC on devices with a large number of users.