Microsoft has just pushed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18990 to improve some of the feature settings for users participating in Fast Ring channel. In this version, Windows 10 Reset your PC from the cloud should be highlighted. In addition, this update also brings new features to users: Enabling automatic restart for UWP apps, Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) improvements, Xbox Game Bar Updates, and more.
Enabling automatic restart for UWP apps
In the latest Insider Preview builds, in addition to registered desktop apps, when you opt into this setting, the majority of open UWP apps are now also automatically restarted as well! To reduce sign-in time, UWP apps are restarted minimized, in a suspended state, giving Windows and other apps more resources to get started. To try it out:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and turn on “Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign in.” under “Restart apps”.
- Start one or more UWP apps, such as Feedback Hub.
- Sign out and then sign back into Windows.
UWP apps that were started, such as Feedback Hub, should restart minimized with a taskbar button.
Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) improvements
- Improved the performance for directory listings in \\wsl$
- [WSL2] Injected additional boot entropy [Github Issue 4461]
- [WSL2] Fixed Windows interop when using su / sudo commands [Github issue 4465]