Microsoft is currently pushing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18323 for Fast Ring users in the Insider Preview program. The focus of this update is to bring support for RAW image formats, which is now available to photographers. Of course, it is still in the testing phase, so users need to download the RAW format extension in the app store. After installing the extension, you can directly extract the data.
Currently, the Raw Image Extension only supports Windows 10 Build 18323 and above. After the user installs the extension, Windows 10 File Explorer can view .RAW images directly, including viewing photo metadata and more.
At the same time, built-in photos and third-party applications compatible with the Windows Imaging Component framework can also view .RAW images directly. Need to be reminded that the built-in and third-party compatible applications after installing this extension can view images in RAW format at full resolution and complete.
Improving Light Theme
- We fixed an issue where the text in the battery flyout might become unreadable in light theme due to it being white.
- We fixed an issue where the scrollbar in the network flyout wasn’t visible in light theme.
- We fixed an issue where the autoplay icon in the systray wasn’t visible in light theme.
- We fixed an issue where impacting the network and volume icons in the notification area where after switching to light theme they wouldn’t update from white to black until explorer restarted.
- We fixed a similar issue where not all supported app icons in the taskbar would switch colors on the taskbar when switching between light and dark theme (particularly on the secondary monitor).
- We’ve made some adjustments to address issues where when using light theme white icons in notifications weren’t readable.
- We’re updating the Settings icon to now be dark grey in the taskbar when light theme is enabled rather than black.