Univention Corporate Server 5.0-2 releases
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is the free to use, innovative platform to efficiently operate and manage server applications and complete IT infrastructures. UCS is optimally suited for the management of distributed, heterogeneous and virtualized IT environments, no matter whether you deploy Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X or Linux systems. The integrated identity and infrastructure management system allows the secure administration of applications and provision of infrastructure services as well as the central, cross-location and cross-platform management of server and desktop systems via an intuitive web interface. Thanks to open interfaces and easy-to-use connectors, UCS can be effortlessly integrated in existing environments. Via the integrated App Center, it offers a large number of enterprise applications, which can be operated with a few clicks. Extensive Active Directory functions allow both the integration as well as the migration from Microsoft.
- Identity + Infrastructure management
- App Center
- Login services + authentication
- Active Directory services via Samba 4
- Virtualization management
- IP and network administration
- Printer management
- File services
- System management
- Mail and groupware
Univention Corporate Server 5.0-2 releases.
- The User Self Service was integrated into the UCS portal. Furthermore, the support for additional placeholders was extended among others, such as firstname and lastname in the email template for password reset.
- For RADIUS, users can assign a so-called service specific password. And administrators can assign dedicated VLANs to user groups to increase network security.
- SameSite Cookies can now be configured for UMC and SAML.
- The AD Takeover has been made more robust.
- Numerous performance improvements have been implemented regarding DNS, LDAP and during the sign in to UMC.
- The French translation for the UCS management system was updated.
- The UMC system diagnostics has been extended: Several new checks have been added and some older have been improved.
- Most packages have been migrated to Python 3. Their Python 2 counterparts are no longer installed by default and will be removed.
- This Univention Corporate Server release is based on Debian 10.12 Buster.
- Various security updates have been integrated into UCS 5.0-2, for example for Samba4, OpenLDAP, OpenSSL, and the Linux kernel.