TinyCore Linux v12 releases, Minimal Linux distributions
The Core Project is a highly modular based system with community build extensions.
It starts with a recent Linux kernel, vmlinuz, and our root filesystem and start-up scripts packaged with a basic set of kernel modules in core.gz. Core (11MB) is simply the kernel + core.gz – this is the foundation for user created desktops, servers, or appliances. TinyCore is Core + Xvesa.tcz + Xprogs.tcz + aterm.tcz + fltk-1.3.tcz + flwm.tcz + wbar.tcz
TinyCore becomes simply an example of what the Core Project can produce, an 16MB FLTK/FLWM desktop.
CorePlus offers a simple way to get started using the Core philosophy with its included community packaged extensions enabling easy embedded frugal or pendrive installation of the user’s choice of the supported desktop while maintaining the Core principal of mounted extensions with full package management.
It is not a complete desktop nor is all hardware completely supported. It represents only the core needed to boot into a very minimal X desktop typically with wired internet access.
The user has complete control over which applications and/or additional hardware to have supported, be it for a desktop, a netbook, an appliance, or server, selectable by the user by installing additional applications from online repositories, or easily compiling most anything you desire using tools provided.
TinyCore Linux v12 has been released, Tiny Core Linux v12 is mainly on the function of a small update and bug fixes.
* kernel updated to 5.10.3
* glibc updated to 2.32
* gcc updated to 10.2.0
* binutils updated to 2.35.1
* e2fsprogs base libs/apps updated to 1.45.6
* util-linux base libs/apps updated to 2.36.1
* busybox updated to 1.33.0
* busybox patched to load more than 9 extensions
* busybox patched to remove “Module has invalid ELF header”
* tc-config: no gratuitous permissions changes in /opt from bdantas
* tc-functions: version changes from andyj
* version: changes from andyj
* shutdown.sh: clarifying comment
* busybox-aliases: additions from bdantas
* filetool.sh: comments from bdantas
* tce-setup: remove neeedless timestamp from bdantas
* tce-config: more precise /opt copying from bdantas
* tce-config: rename autoscan from polikuo
* tc-config: similar awk rounding
* init: avoid awk rounding
* filetool.sh: dc syntax change fix from watt
* tce-audit: search fix from lhaley42
* tc-config: get tc version from tc-functions
* release.txt depreciated in favour of os-release