Tiny Core Linux is a 12 megabyte graphical Linux desktop. It is based on the Linux 2.6 kernel, BusyBox, Tiny X, Fltk, Flwm. Its core is fully running in memory and starts very fast. The user has complete control over which applications and/or additional hardware they need to support, whether the system is for desktop, Internet, and application servers; this can be selected from the project’s online depot.
Tiny Core Linux 8.1 has been released, Tiny Core Linux 8.1 is mainly on the function of a small update and bug fixes.
Major updates include:
- patched busybox rpm2cpio lzma bug
- tc-config: static ip – from andyj
- added lzma functionality to busybox
- busybox updated 1.25.1 -> 1.27.1
- busybox CONFIG_FEATURE_SYSLOGD_READ_BUFFER_SIZE = 512 re-established
- duplicated busybox syminks removed
- the firmware and tc-install content in the CorePlus ISO has been rationalized
Tiny Core Linux is available for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of x86 architectures. There are three versions to choose from:
- Core, only the command line interface
- TinyCore, with the smallest graphics environment
- CorePlus, which provides installation of image files, wireless drivers, and multiple graphical interfaces