Qualcomm releases Snapdragon Wear 4100+ and 4100 SoC for smart watches
Qualcomm today released two new SoCs for smartwatches, the Snapdragon Wear 4100+ and 4100. The new architecture brings stronger performance. These two SoCs have made a lot of improvements on the CPU, GPU, memory, modem, and camera systems. The 12nm process is used. The equipped AON ultra-low power coprocessor can further reduce the power consumption of the device and provide a stronger battery life.
The following is the highlight of this Snapdragon Wear 4100+:
- Stronger performance: This SoC is designed with a quad-core A53 processor, equipped with Adreno 504GPU, faster LPDDR3 memory (750MHz), and dual ISP chips (can support up to 16 million pixels). Compared to the 3100 SoC, the performance of the 4100+ has increased by 85%, applications start faster, and more applications can be run at the same time, bringing a richer audio-visual experience.
- New technology: LTE network with 4100+ SoC with 12nm process has made significant progress compared to the previous generation platform. It is equipped with a dedicated DSP, supports more low-power functions (such as eDRX), has platform and power management, and supports cat 4/ 3/1 network and single/dual-antenna design.
- Smarter always-on coprocessor: The stronger AON (always-on) coprocessor can provide stronger health monitoring functions. Now, this SoC can detect heart rate, sleep, fall and step counts, and other health-related content, while Optimized the touch operation experience of the device.
- Ultra-low power consumption: 12nm process brings lower power consumption performance, dual DSP chips support dynamic energy-saving and voltage conversion, new sensor-assisted positioning PDR technology, and Bluetooth 5.0 technology can reduce power consumption in common scenarios by up to 25% Above, to achieve longer battery life.
- Richer user experience: The processor equipped with this SoC can now provide a more seamless immersive experience through cameras, voice assistants, and voice/video calls. At the same time, the support for the number of colors and the adjustment of digital kerning also make the watch screen The display is clearer and the content is more readable.
Qualcomm said that smartwatch products equipped with Snapdragon Wear 4100+ SoC will be available soon, but did not disclose when smartwatch products equipped with Snapdragon Wear 4100+ SoC will land on the market.