Proxmox VE 7.0 (beta) released: open-source solution for enterprise virtualization
Proxmox Virtual Environment is a complete open-source solution for enterprise virtualization that tightly integrates KVM hypervisor and LXC containers, software-defined storage and networking functionality on a single platform. With the central built-in web interface, you can easily run VMs and containers, manage software-defined storage and networking functionality, high-availability clustering, and multiple integrated out-of-the-box tools like backup/restore, live migration, replication, and the firewall. Proxmox VE allows virtualizing even the most demanding Linux and Windows application workloads.
By combining two virtualization technologies, Proxmox VE is giving maximum flexibility to your virtual IT environment. It includes strong high-availability (HA) support and thanks to the unique multi-master design there is no need for an additional management server thus saving resources and allowing high availability without a single point of failures (SPOF).
Proxmox VE 7.0 (beta) released.
- Ceph Server: Ceph Pacific 16.2 is the new default. Ceph Octopus 15.2 comes with continued support.
- BTRFS: modern copy on write file system natively supported by the Linux kernel, implementing features such as snapshots, built-in RAID, and self healing via checksums for data and metadata.
- ifupdown2 is the default for new installations using the Proxmox VE official ISO.
- QEMU 6.0 has support for io_uring as asynchronous I/O engine for virtual drives – this is now the default for newly started or migrated guests.
- Countless GUI improvements
- and much more…