Players can make patches for AMD processors to improve the performance of Cyberpunk 2077
The popular game Cyberpunk 2077 is currently online on various platforms. Of course, given the huge content and gorgeous graphics of the game, if the processor and graphics card performance is not good enough, it may not be the best experience.
For example, the Cyberpunk 2077 game does not seem to have optimized AMD processors. This makes the experience of players using RYZEN CPUs worse than that of Intel next door. The reason is that Cyberpunk 2077 cannot use SMT multi-threading on AMD RYZEN CPUs.
So in the Reddit forum, a player (UnhingedDoork) made a patch for AMD processors, and another player (ID: CookiePLMonster) optimized on this basis to support more AMD RYZEN CPUs. After other players tested the patch operation It can indeed enhance the gaming experience. This is because SMT must be added to reduce the workload and accelerate the distribution of the game in scenes with high CPU requirements, such as traveling through the night city.
However, the patch operation process is a bit more complicated. If you feel that the experience of playing Cyberpunk 2077 on AMD is not good, you can try the following tutorial.
The following figure shows the CPU usage and scheduling before and after the patch is enabled. You can see that the CPU usage is significantly improved after the patch is enabled.
The following are the steps:
- Download HxD Hex Editor
- Find your Cyberpunk2077.exe, (GOG version is in Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64) and (Steam: Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe)
- Make a backup copy of Cyberpunk2077.exe just in case
- Drag Cuberpunk2077.exe to HxD, a bunch of hex numbers should appear (like 01 FF 0D, etc)
- Press CTRL+F, change column to Hex-Values
- Put in “75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08” in the search string without quotes, those values should be highlighted
- Copy “EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08” without quotes
- Back in HxD right click the highlighted values and select “paste insert” to overwrite the above “75 30 33 ….” value,
ie, after doing this, the “75”should be replaced by “EB”and the rest of the string values should remain unaltered.
- Now go to top bar and click the save icon logo