OnePlus Nord 2 exploded when an Indian lawyer appeared in court
Gaurav Gulati, a lawyer from Delhi, India, had a mobile phone explosion at the trial site. This lawyer was using OnePlus Nord 2. From the photos of the scene, the phone was burnt and it was really scary. It is worth noting that the remaining battery power of the mobile phone is about 90%.
Gaurav Gulati found the phone suddenly became very hot and then the phone exploded and caught fire and then burned. Gaurav Gulati also said that he was injured in the fire and wanted to seek compensation from OnePlus, but Gaurav Gulati also said that the attitude of OnePlus was relatively poor, so he was prepared to sue directly.
— GAURAV GULATI (@Adv_Gulati1) September 8, 2021
Although Gaurav Gulati did not specify the specific compensation amount, he has filed a complaint against OnePlus India through the Indian police. At the same time, Gaurav Gulati also plans to file a lawsuit with the Indian Consumer Court, seeking the court to issue an injunction to directly ban the sale of the OnePlus series of mobile phones in India. It also includes the hope that the court will force OnePlus to recall all mobile phones for security inspections.
“What is the worth of life of a person if he died by leaving his survivors. It is worthless. We have already decided to file damages against the company in a court of law. If they are ready to compensate, they can make a written agreement in the public domain or we will pursue as per law and ask them to discontinue the device OnePlus Nord 2 5G with immediate effect,” Gulati in a conversation with MySmartPrice.
OnePlus issued a response on this matter, stating that although we have repeatedly hoped to analyze the equipment, including letting Gaurav Gulati watch and inspect it on the spot, Gaurav Gulati still refuses to provide the burned equipment. We hope to be able to investigate and compensate. However, Gaurav Gulati’s refusal to inspect gives us no chance to diagnose the device. In this case, we cannot verify the legality of Gaurav Gulati’s claim or directly meet Gaurav Gulati’s claim.
MySmartPrice also reached out to OnePlus India, and here’s what the company had to say, “Last evening, an individual notified us about an alleged blast case for the OnePlus Nord 2 on Twitter, and our team immediately reached out to this individual to verify the legitimacy of the claim. We take every claim such as this very seriously out of concern for user safety. However, despite multiple attempts to analyse the device, including a visit to the premises earlier today to examine it in the individual’s presence, he has so far denied us the opportunity to perform a proper diagnosis. Under such circumstances, it is impossible for us to verify the legitimacy of this claim or address this individual’s demands for compensation.”