Kubernetes is an open source system for managing containerized applications across multiple hosts; providing basic mechanisms for deployment, maintenance, and scaling of applications.
Kubernetes builds upon a decade and a half of experience at Google running production workloads at scale using a system called Borg, combined with best-of-breed ideas and practices from the community.
Kubernetes is hosted by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF). If you are a company that wants to help shape the evolution of technologies that are container-packaged, dynamically-scheduled and microservices-oriented, consider joining the CNCF. For details about who’s involved and how Kubernetes plays a role, read the CNCF announcement.
Other notable changes
Other notable changes
- Update to use go 1.12.4 (#76576, @cblecker)
- Update to use go 1.12.5 (#77528, @cblecker)
- Check if container memory stats are available before accessing it (#77656, @yastij)
- Bump addon-manager to v9.0.1 (#77282, @MrHohn)
- Rebase image on debian-base:v1.0.0
- If a pod has a running instance, the stats of its previously terminated instances will not show up in the kubelet summary stats any more for CRI runtimes like containerd and cri-o. (#77426, @Random-Liu)
- This keeps the behavior consistent with Docker integration, and fixes an issue that some container Prometheus metrics don’t work when there are summary stats for multiple instances of the same pod.
- Add name validation for dynamic client methods in client-go (#75072, @lblackstone)
- Fix issue in Portworx volume driver causing controller manager to crash (#76341, @harsh-px)
- Fixes segmentation fault issue with Protobuf library when log entries are deeply nested. (#77224, @qingling128)
- Update Cluster Autoscaler to 1.14.2 (#77064, @losipiuk)
- Fixes an error with stuck informers when an etcd watch receives update or delete events with missing data (#76675, @ryanmcnamara)
- [fluentd-gcp addon] Bump fluentd-gcp-scaler to v0.5.2 to pick up security fixes. (#76762, @serathius)
- specify azure file share name in azure file plugin (#76988, @andyzhangx)
- Windows nodes on GCE use a known-working 1809 image rather than the latest 1809 image. (#76722, @pjh)
- kube-proxy: os exit when CleanupAndExit is set to true (#76732, @JieJhih)
- Clean links handling in cp’s tar code (#76788, @soltysh)
- Adds a new “storage_operation_status_count” metric for kube-controller-manager and kubelet to count success and error statues. (#75750, @msau42)
- kubeadm: Fix a bug where if couple of CRIs are installed a user override of the CRI during join (via kubeadm join –cri-socket …) is ignored and kubeadm bails out with an error (#76505, @rosti)
- fix detach azure disk back off issue which has too big lock in failure retry condition (#76573, @andyzhangx)
- Ensure the backend pools are set correctly for Azure SLB with multiple backend pools (e.g. outbound rules) (#76691, @feiskyer)
- fix azure disk list corruption issue (#77187, @andyzhangx)
- [IPVS] Introduces flag ipvs-strict-arp to configure stricter ARP sysctls, defaulting to false to preserve existing behaviors. This was enabled by default in 1.13.0, which impacted a few CNI plugins. (#75295, @lbernail)
- [metrics-server addon] Restore connecting to nodes via IP addresses (#76819, @serathius)
- Fixes a NPD bug on GCI, so that it disables glog writing to files for log-counter (#76211, @wangzhen127)
- Fixes bug in DaemonSetController causing it to stop processing some DaemonSets for 5 minutes after node removal. (#76060, @krzysztof-jastrzebski)