How to fix Start and Taskbar problems on Windows 11
Microsoft Windows 11 development version and beta version launched recently have problems such as the unresponsive Taskbar and Start. This problem affects the normal use of many users.
After investigation, Microsoft found that the back-end server failure was the cause of this problem, and the incorrect content of the deployment was pushed to the user, causing some abnormalities in the system.
Including but not limited to the Start menu, Taskbar, Settings application, and other areas of the system where there is no response. At present, Microsoft has repaired server-related issues.
Users who have been affected by this issue should refer to the following methods for handling. For other users who have not yet upgraded, it is best not to upgrade and wait for the server to refresh.
- Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
- Step 2: Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
- Step 3: Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
- Step 4: Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
- Step 5: Paste the following (everything in bold):
reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
- Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.