Built on top of FreeBSD, GhostBSD provides a simple desktop-oriented operating system pre-configured with the carefully selected minimal commonly used set software required to start using it to its full potential.
GhostBSD uses the GTK environment to provide an elegant look and a comfortable experience on the modern BSD platform offering a natural and native Unix work environment.
- It is BSD
GhostBSD derived from FreeBSD which is roots go back to the University of California Berkeley Unix Research, historically called “BSD Unix” or “Berkeley Unix” today simply called BSD for Berkeley Software Distribution.
GhostBSD 11.1 official release has been released, this version gave up on the 32-bit i386 support.
- GhostBSD software repository
- Support for VMware Workstation guest features
- The installer adds UFS full mirroring options
- The installer adds UFS full disk MBR and GPT options
- The installer adds the UFS full partition size swap option
- Whisker Menu is used by default on XFCE
- Software developed by GhostBSD has been updated
- Disk ZFS configuration
This version also brought a lot of repairs, details check the update log.