Elive is a very stable, non-commercial and cost-free operating system that replaces your default system in your computer, it is raised by donations and is developed and maintained by one person.
Elive provides an intuitive experience in a fully complete system ready for daily use. The desktop is a very customized version of Enlightenment which offers a light and beautiful experience that works great on even the oldest computers and uses Debian as a base to provide a perfectly stable and powerful system.
It can be run directly in the Live mode without the need to install having an own guided persistence feature, and if you want to convert your computer in a powerful workstation our very friendly installer includes much features to ease the process.
Elive is a mix between an easy to use a system for non-experienced users and includes incredibly useful tools for the advanced ones, this hybrid comes in the form of a clean and beautiful desktop yet powerful to do any task.
- Lightness & Speed
- Eyecandy, effects, and beautiful desktop
- Intuitive & Simplicity
- Guided and Automated
- Complete, full of apps and features
- Own features and integration
- Futuristic and clean desktop
- Comfortable to work
- Virus-free, Ads-free, Cost-free
- No need to install & saves sessions
- Installer with migration, upgrade, and auto modes
- Runs on 256 MB of RAM and 500 Mhz CPU
- Full root access
- Programing Features
Changelog v3.7.14 BETA
- Updated to a Debian-Buster base, with kernel 5.2.9 and lots of updated applications
- Hardware support for UEFI, SecureBoot, nvme disks, optional 64BIT builds, etc…
- Dedicated dock-bar with multiple features!
- Audio player directly on the desktop with controls and covers
- Enhanced stability stronger than ever before
- Temporary desktop for development based on E16, offering an ultimate good and different experience
- Customized desktop theme with a dark look design (light / clear design will be added in next versions)
- Gnome-Software is the newly selected GUI application to manage packages, which is much more userfriendly for novice users, and all apt tools are still fully available
- Powersaving is automatically set for newer intel cpu’s
- Nvidia proprietary drivers tested
- Installer has been extremely tested, bugfixed and improved
- Smooth migration from a previous 32bit installed system
- Very well tested versions over the last few months thanks to the forum participants
- A good selection of new software included specifically for the 64bit builds
- Improved compatibility with other distro’s and M$ installed systems
- Improved performances like RAM allocation in Live mode and video playback
- Many new features and improvements included by default