Calculate Linux comes in four main flavors: Calculate Linux Desktop for personal use, Calculate Directory Server for servers, Calculate Linux Scratch for those who want to build a customized system that works for them and Calculate Media Center for your home multimedia center.
All versions of CL are distributed as bootable LiveCD images that can be used to install on an HDD, a USB Flash, or a USB-HDD.
- 100% compatibility with Gentoo.
- Rolling-release updates: only well-tested packages are included.
- A custom binary repository for any CL version, compiled with the dependencies you need.
- Can be installed on a USB-Flash or a USB-HDD; the supported filesystems are ext4, ext3, ext2, ReiserFS, btrfs, xfs, jfs and fat32.
- Calculate Utilities: tools we specially designed for interactive customizing of available versions or creating new ones.
For corporate use
- A ready client-server solution with Calculate Directory Server and Calculate Linux Desktop.
- Fastly deployable, to be installed from DVD, USB or PXE.
- Perfect for heterogeneous networks: Calculate Linux Desktop and MS Windows users can share any Calculate Directory Server resources.
- Can be easily reconfigured, including software and parameters.
- Local or distant system management with Calculate Utilities.
Calculate Linux 20.6 releases.
- By default, Zram is used instead of the physical Swap partition;
- Zstd compression for the kernel, the modules, and initramfs;
- Kernel modules installed as packages come as Zstd archives too;
- PulseAudio is used by default, but you can choose ALSA if you like;
- Chromium comes with the pre-configured uBlock Origin plug-in;
- The Passman and FreedomMarks can be also added to your Web browser at the moment of creating your user account, so that you could use Nextcloud (please check https://wiki.calculate-linux.org/en/nextcloud_plugins 4);
- Deluge was replaced with qBittorrent;
- When you close your laptop cover, the default action is suspend;
- Better Wi-Fi support;
- Better handling of orphan dependencies removal;
- For multiboot Live USBs, the preferred image will be always the one at the end of the list;
- Different versions are available for six binary kernels, including those with the futex-wait-multiple patch for smoother running of Steam;
- Сcache was pre-configured to be used by emerge as well as by cl-kernel.
- The suspend and hibernate modes now running correctly in XFCE;
- The touchpad behavior after the suspend call was fixed;
- Images are no longer disabled when using memory cache (docache) for them;
- Local overlay configuration fixed;
- MATE log-in fixed.
- You can now break the compilation process if the templates provide a wrong patch;
- PXE launching and installation were fixed;.
- A package can be configured and installed to the system at the same time: fixed;
- The FEATURES=“userpriv” can be used at compilation time;
- Detection of a running emerge with cl-update fixed;
- Pre-build image configuration fixed;
- Removal of .old файлов from /boot was added at packing time;
- Eix-diff supported while creating an image;
- The lpadmin group now comes as a default one;
- Sys-apps/portage can now handle CU without installing Python v2.7;
- Pyopenssl fixed;
- Video card detection fixed;
- VESA is available as a video card choice;
- Installing x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers at boot time fixed;
- Image creation with x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers fixed;
- Cl-console-gui fixed;
- User directory initialization fixed for encrypted profiles;
- You can add custom parameters for kernel boot while creating an image;
- –skip-revdep-rebuild was replaced with –revdep-rebuild;
- The world() function was fixed for templates.
- CLD (KDE desktop): KDE Frameworks 5.70.0, KDE Plasma 5.18.5, KDE Applications 19.12.3, LibreOffice 18.104.22.168, Chromium 83.0.4103.106 – 2.73 G
- CLDC (Cinnamon desktop): Cinnamon 4.4, LibreOffice 22.214.171.124, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Evolution 3.34.4, Gimp 2.10.18, Rhythmbox 3.4.4 – 2.48 G
- CLDL (LXQt desktop): LXQt 0.14.1, LibreOffice 126.96.36.199, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18, Clementine 1.4.0 RC1 – 2.49 G
- CLDM (MATE desktop): MATE 1.24, LibreOffice 188.8.131.52, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18, Clementine 1.4.0 RC1 – 2.60 G
- CLDX (Xfce desktop): Xfce 4.14, LibreOffice 184.108.40.206, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18, Clementine 1.4.0 RC1 – 2.43 G
- CLDXS (Xfce Scientific desktop): Xfce 4.14, Eclipse 4.13.0, Inkscape 1.0, LibreOffice 220.127.116.11, Chromium 83.0.4103.106, Claws Mail 3.17.5, Gimp 2.10.18 – 2.79 G
- CDS (Directory Server): OpenLDAP 2.4.50, Samba 4.11.8, Postfix 3.5.1, ProFTPD 1.3.7 RC3, Bind 9.14.8 – 763 M
- CLS (Linux Scratch): Xorg-server 1.20.8, Kernel 5.4.45 – 1.27 G
- CSS (Scratch Server): Kernel 5.4.45, Calculate Utilities 18.104.22.168 – 562 M