Calculate Linux 21 Releases, Gentoo-based distribution
Calculate Linux comes in four main flavors: Calculate Linux Desktop for personal use, Calculate Directory Server for servers, Calculate Linux Scratch for those who want to build a customized system that works for them and Calculate Media Center for your home multimedia center.
All versions of CL are distributed as bootable LiveCD images that can be used to install on an HDD, a USB Flash, or a USB-HDD.
- 100% compatibility with Gentoo.
- Rolling-release updates: only well-tested packages are included.
- A custom binary repository for any CL version, compiled with the dependencies you need.
- Can be installed on a USB-Flash or a USB-HDD; the supported filesystems are ext4, ext3, ext2, ReiserFS, btrfs, xfs, jfs and fat32.
- Calculate Utilities: tools we specially designed for interactive customizing of available versions or creating new ones.
For corporate use
- A ready client-server solution with Calculate Directory Server and Calculate Linux Desktop.
- Fastly deployable, to be installed from DVD, USB or PXE.
- Perfect for heterogeneous networks: Calculate Linux Desktop and MS Windows users can share any Calculate Directory Server resources.
- Can be easily reconfigured, including software and parameters.
- Local or distant system management with Calculate Utilities.
Calculate Linux 21 releases.
Full changes and fixes
- Added LXC Calculate Container Games 9 (CCG) build for running Steam games
- Added support for high DPI scaling at user profile setup time
- Faster domain profile setup
- Much faster domain profile synchronization
- Moved from ConsoleKit to elogind
- Moved from NT1 to SMB 3.11
- Zstd compression used for binary packages
- Btrfs used by default
- Calculate containers supported with LXC-4.0 and higher
- Fixed wake-up for some notebooks (ASUS X509U)
- Faster update checking if repository not modified
- Fixed setup for packages that may prevent templates from being applied
- Fixed reconnection of domain resources when exiting hibernation mode
- Fixed first boot-up after reinstallation in domain
- Fixed pre-building setup for OverlayFS
- Fixed using swap for hibernation mode
- Fixed volume detection for autopartitioning
- Fixed ISO creation
- Fixed GRUB setup at installation time
- Fixed checking for bios_boot partition
- Fixed lags when fetching updates from FTP mirrors
- Fixed installation of Nvidia drivers for video cards that do no support version 460
- Fixed system installation with Btrfs compression
- Added Greek locale
- CLD (KDE desktop): KDE Frameworks 5.80.0, KDE Plasma 5.20.5, KDE Applications 20.12.3, LibreOffice 126.96.36.199, Chromium 90.0.4430.85 – 2.93 G
- CLDC (Cinnamon desktop): Cinnamon 4.6.7, LibreOffice 188.8.131.52, Chromium 90.0.4430.85, Evolution 3.38.4, Gimp 2.10.24, Rhythmbox 3.4.4 – 2.67 G
- CLDL (LXQt desktop): LXQt 0.17, LibreOffice 184.108.40.206, Chromium 90.0.4430.85, Claws Mail 3.17.8, Gimp 2.10.24, Clementine 1.4.0_rc1 – 2.70 G
- CLDM (MATE desktop): MATE 1.24, LibreOffice 220.127.116.11, Chromium 90.0.4430.85, Claws Mail 3.17.8, Gimp 2.10.24, Clementine 1.4.0_rc1 – 2.76 G
- CLDX (Xfce desktop): Xfce 4.16, LibreOffice 18.104.22.168, Chromium 90.0.4430.85, Claws Mail 3.17.8, Gimp 2.10.24, Clementine 1.4.0_rc1 – 2.64 G
- CLDXS (Xfce Scientific desktop): Xfce 4.16, Eclipse 4.13, Inkscape 1.0.2, LibreOffice 22.214.171.124, Chromium 90.0.4430.85, Claws Mail 3.17.8, Gimp 2.10.24 – 3.00 G
- CDS (Directory Server): OpenLDAP 2.4.57, Samba 4.12.9, Postfix 3.5.8, ProFTPD 1.3.7a, Bind 9.16.6 – 813 M
- CLS (Linux Scratch): Xorg-server 1.20.11, Kernel 5.10.32 – 1.39 G
- CSS (Scratch Server): Kernel 5.10.32, Calculate Utilities 126.96.36.199 – 593 M