Windows 10 v2009/20H2 (October 2020 Update) is a new version in the fall of 2020. Usually, such new fall versions will be completed at the end of September, and the RTM version will be pushed in October.
It is about to be late September, so Microsoft has also started testing, and Windows 10 v2009/20H2 has been pushed to the Release Preview Channel for testing.
If nothing happens, the new version will be officially released and pushed to Windows 10 users in early October. Of course, as you know, this version is a small update and does not bring too many new features.
October 2020 Update will bring a newly designed start menu from Microsoft this time. The new version of the start menu abandons the solid color background but will present bright or dark colors according to the theme settings.
But the October 2020 Update is actually a cumulative update to enable some new features, such as the new version of the start menu is actually available in Windows 10 v2004 version.
To get the 20H2 beta
- Open Settings > Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Insider Program.
- Click the Get started button.
- Click the Link an account button and select your Microsoft account.
- Click the continue button.
- Select “Release Preview” or “Just fixes, apps, and drivers” option under the “Pick your Insider settings”.