On August 17th, Microsoft pushed a new preview version of Build 18219 for the members of the Skip Ahead channel, the internal code 19H1, and finally “cleared the boundaries” with the Fast ring, and went to the spring update in 2019. Currently, the Fast Ring channel is previewed in RedStone 5, and the official version is expected to meet you in September or October.
This Skip Ahead channel does not give us a look at the Win10 update. The function iteration is only focused on the Narrator (narrator) that is easy for specific people to use, including reliability improvement, screen mode optimization, and simplified shortcut operation. Wait.
BUG fixes a lot of content, there are 11 items in rough numbers, including Bing search in Notepad to swallow math symbols, Edge open MPEG file when editable PDF file fails.
According to known information, RedStone 5 will eventually become the seventh official version and the sixth scale iteration of Windows 10, and 19H1 will be the eighth official version and the seventh scale iteration of Win10.
The following changes and improvements:
- Reliability: We have made improvements in Narrator reliability.
- Scan Mode: Reading and navigating while in Scan Mode has been improved. Selecting text in Scan Mode has also been improved. Selecting forward in Edge has some known issues that we are actively investigating.
- QuickStart: The link in settings to relaunch the QuickStart should now reliably be working and will launch from the very first Welcome page. The QuickStart should also more reliably take focus when Narrator is launched, which means Narrator should start reading it automatically.
- Providing Feedback: The keystroke to provide feedback has changed. The new keystroke is Narrator + Alt + F. This will work both in the Standard and Legacy layouts.
- Note: The Legacy layout also allows you to use Narrator + E to send us feedback.
- Move Next, Move Previous, and Change View: When changing Narrator’s view to either characters, words, lines or paragraphs the Read Current Item command will read the text of that specific view type more reliably.
- Keyboard command changes: The keystroke to Move to beginning of text has changed to Narrator + B (was Narrator + Control + B), Move to end of text has changed to Narrator + E (was Narrator + Control + E).
- Braille: Improved usage of Braille commanding when using the Narrator key from the braille display.