VyOS 1.3.3 LTS releases: network operating system
VyOS is forked from the Vyatta community, is a network operating system that provides software-based network routing, firewall, and VPN functionality. VyOS is based on Debian GNU/Linux and is fully open source free. VyOS can run on physical devices and virtual platforms, supporting integration packages for para-virtual drives and virtual platforms.
Changelog 1.3.3 LTS
New features and improvements
- New command to enable RPS (Receive Packet Steering):
set interfaces ethernet $name offload rps(T3171).
- Dynamic DNS client supports IPv6 now:
set service dns dynamic interface $intf ipv6-enable(T4743).
- Add IPv6-only dhcp option support (RFC 8925):
set service dhcp-server shared-network-name LAN6 subnet 192.168.64.0/24 ipv6-only-preferred 0(T4832).
- New op mode command for displaying all configured IPsec connections:
show vpn ipsec connections(T4812).
- Dummy interfaces support setting the MTU now (T4898).
- Host-unique option for the PPPoE server:
set interfaces pppoe pppoeN host-uniq $intf(T4948).
- PPPoE server minimum MTU is now 1280 (T2603).
- New shaper commands for PPPoE server (T1993).
generate public-key-commandnow supports multiple keys in a single file (T5033).
- PPTP server supports RADIUS rate limit options now (T4727).
- It’s now possible to set the VRF for syslog (T2769).
- Linux kernel has been updated to 5.4.234.
- Correct logic for OpenVPN IPv6 remote/local address checking (T4679)
- Correct logic for disabling WireGuard interfaces (T4702).
- Firewall rules for TCP MSS clamping work correctly again (T4709).
- Fixed an error in conntrack sync config generation that could prevent it from working (T4730).
- Fixed an error that prevented Telegraf’s Prometheus client from working with IPv6 addresses (T4680).
- Telegraf now correctly accepts IP addresses in URLs (T4312).
- SNMP communities now support a wider range of allowed characters (T4785).
strip-privatefilter now correctly removes monitoring CLI secrets (T4177).
- Fixed an error that sometimes prevented VRRP configs from loading correctly (T4526).
- Fixed an error with PowerDNS configs not being correctly reloaded (T4799).
- Fixes for DNS server option issues in PPPoE (T4815).
- Fixes in the IPv6 RA source address option (T4809).
- SquidGuard rules works correctly again (T3810).
- Web proxy is now reloaded on commits without dropping connections (T4927).
- Fixes in the output of show interfaces commands (T4918).
- Fixed incorrect outputs in IPsec op mode (T4906).
- Fixed a problem that could break CLI for users on power loss events (T4975).
- The command for restarting the DHCP relay agent works correctly again (T5009).
- Tunnel interface multicast setting works again (T5007).
- Fixed an eror when setting GRE tunnel keys (T5066).
- Virtual Ethernet interfaces are now correctly excluded from speed and duplex checks (T2516).
- Show interfaces commands now correctly reflect cleared counters (T5097).
- Fixed an issue with VRRP preemption (T4939).