SystemRescueCd is a Linux system rescue disk available as a bootable CD-ROM or USB stick for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the hard disk partitions. It comes with a lot of Linux system utilities such as GParted, fsarchiver, filesystem tools and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools). It can be used for both Linux and windows computers, and on desktops as well as servers. This rescue system requires no installation as it can be booted from a CD/DVD drive or USB stick, but it can be installed on the hard disk if you wish. The kernel supports all important file systems (ext3/ext4, xfs, btrfs, reiserfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs), as well as network filesystems such as Samba and NFS.
SystemRescueCd 6.0.1 was released.
Changelog v6.0.1) 2019-02-09:
- Updated kernel to Long-Term-SupportedLinuxx-4.19.20
- Reintroduced autorun service to run scripts automatically at boot time
- Changed filesystem label so it fits in FAT filesystem labels for UEFI booting
- Enabled sshd service and re-introduced support for option rootpass=xxxx
- Added support for rootcryptpass=xxxx boot option to set encrypted root passwords