Samsung hopes Exynos 2300 can be used on some Galaxy S23 series

About 75 percent of this year’s Galaxy S22 models are powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen1, with the remaining 25 percent powered by Samsung’s own Exynos 2200. Earlier, Qualcomm CEO Cristiano Amon revealed that he had signed a new agreement with Samsung. By 2023, the use of the Snapdragon platform will be further expanded, and more applications will be applied to Samsung’s future high-end Galaxy product line, which includes personal computers, tablet computers, virtual reality, and other products in addition to smartphones.
Exynos 2200 Xclipse GPU
Due to the unsatisfactory performance of the Exynos 2200 and the internal rectification of Samsung, it is planned to form a new development team to solve a series of problems and obstacles encountered in the current development, then it was rumored that Samsung intends to adopt Qualcomm’s solutions on the Galaxy S23 series and abandon the Exynos series.

According to Realmi Central, the reason why Samsung’s smartphone division wants the Galaxy S23 series to all switch to Qualcomm’s solution is that after the Snapdragon 8 Gen2 uses TSMC’s 4nm process, it has improved some of the problems of Snapdragon 8 Gen1, and compared with Exynos 2300, it will have a more obvious performance advantage. However, there are different voices within Samsung, and it is hoped that some Galaxy S23 series will continue to use Exynos chips for specific markets.

The internal code name of Samsung Exynos 2300 is “Quadra”, and it will continue to use the core of the Arm architecture and the Xclipse GPU built by AMD’s RDNA series architecture. It is not clear whether the 3nm GAA process will be used, but in theory, the performance of the new Exynos chip should be better. As 2022 is about to enter its final quarter, there is still very little news about the Exynos 2300, not even any spec information, and the outlook does not seem promising. As the release time of the Galaxy S23 series approaches, Samsung may be making a last-ditch effort to carry the Exynos 2300.