Barry Kauler announces that the new Linux distribution Quirky has released version 8.6.
Quirky is a sister project of Puppy Linux, a Linux distribution created with a custom tool called Woof. The underlying infrastructure, such as startup and shutdown scripts, preparation tools, hardware detection, desktop management, user interface, acceleration and general ease of use management, are common to all distributions created with Woof, however, a special creation will have a different set of package selection and further customization (even a completely different binary package).
Quirky was developed by the founders of Puppy Linux and Woof to challenge the limits and try some new ideas on underlying infrastructure – and some of them may be radical or bizarre, as the Quirky name suggests.
- Package upgrades. ex: SeaMonkey 2.49.4
- Kernel 4.14.63, with aufs patch.
- Built with the latest DEBs from Ubuntu 16.04.x.
- Improvements to EasyShare, including Android connection 1 2 3
- New Gxlat language translator 1
- Architectural improvements and fixes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Bug fixes.